Here at Huel we produce ethical, 100% vegan, nutritionally complete products with minimum waste and a year-long shelf life. Since launching six years ago as an online ecommerce subscription business, we have grown a passionate community of over one million Hueligans, selling over 150 million meals to more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our Engineering team has played a crucial part to the success we have had to date as they have helped us to deliver the very best world-class online experience day in, day out, and as we are continuing to grow, we are now looking for a UI/UX Designer to help continue building a best-in-class digital experience for our customers. This new role will see you designing user interfaces that not only look beautiful, but make it easier for customers to purchase and manage their Huel subscriptions.
You will work within our Engineering team in our brand new office located in Digbeth, Birmingham, sitting alongside our Frontend, Backend and QA team to support your growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Your overall goal will be to work alongside the team with visual and interaction design across Huel.com, to build and maintain our world-class sites
- Day-to-day you’ll research and understand customer problems to propose and design new online experiences
- Collaboration will be big in this role - working with our Engineering team, you’ll oversee the user experience and design of new features and products from conception until launch
- Like variety? You’ll work on all aspects of mobile and web design from paper prototyping and initial concepts, to wireframes, and hi-fidelity designs, so you’ll build both a breath and depth of knowledge
- To ensure we remain consistent across all touch points, you’ll help develop style guides to set the standard across Huel
- To validate your hypothesis and designs, you’ll continuously conduct user research, getting in the mindset of our customers to truly understand what works for them
- Everyone mucks in here! As a UI/UX Designer you will help define the ecommerce roadmap by researching and proposing new features and ideas to constantly improve conversion and customer retention. Cool huh?
What we are looking for
- First and foremost we need someone with a keen eye for design; in this role you’ll be responsible for designing Huel.com visited by thousands of global customers every single day and damn we want it to look good!
- Wizardry skills with design tools (e.g. Framer, Figma, Sketch). We use Framer so if you’re comfortable with this tool even better, if not we’ll be quick to get you up to speed with the support of the team
- Adobe experience with photoshop & illustrator isn't essential but if you haven’t used adobe we’d like to understand why and what the alternative has been
- We’d love it if you have usability testing tool experience but again it’s not a make or break for us
- What’s key (now we're getting serious...) is a portfolio of work that showcases strong visual design. Make sure to send it in with your application!
- A genuine passion and interest in who we are and what we do, we don’t want to just sell products; our mission is to make a positive impact on both people and the planet
- Personable and able to build and maintain strong working relationships. Teamwork is key here at Huel!
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel, and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free bags of Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Opportunity to work from home 2 days per week
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career alongside first-class on the job training
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?
- We want to see what you are capable of - alongside your application, please submit your portfolio or some examples of your work (this is a must!)
We want to see what you are capable of - alongside your application, please submit your portfolio or some examples of your work (this is a must!). We’d love to see a range of work from wireframes to high fidelity designs but the more high fidelity examples the better!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE Apply now