Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
Malwarebytes is looking for an exceptionally talented Ruby developer with experience in web application development based on Rails to join the Platform team. This team currently owns projects in Ruby and Java tech stacks. You will closely work with our team of experienced front-end and back-end engineers and product managers to scale our subscriptions management and e-commerce platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and create solutions for system and application needs
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Review existing applications and recommend improvements
- Build new web interfaces and manage/maintain existing interfaces
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Provide regular status updates on project deliverables
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 3+ years of Ruby/Rails software development experience in a professional work environment
- Experience developing Rest API.
- Writing highly performant low-latency code.
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- You should have knowledge of at least one relational database (preferably MySQL) and one NoSQL database (preferably Redis)
- A good understanding of DevOps (AWS) is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication with strong attention to detail and ability to articulate concepts clearly.
- Collegial, thoughtful and positive, can-do personality
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/scientific field or equivalent work experience
- Experience on message queues (AWS SNS/SQS, AWS Kinesis, Apache Kafka) is desirable.
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Sports coverage
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)
- Parking Available
- Relocation Assistance Provided