Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for everyone, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
We are looking for an energetic, experienced, detail-oriented accounting leader that can spearhead the financial reporting function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Senior Manager/Director of Financial Reporting will report to the Controller and will have responsibility for all aspects of reporting to the Board, investors, management, and the public markets. This includes periodic reports of financial and operating performance (e.g., financial statements, variance analysis, Board reports) and ad hoc requests. The role also will have leadership responsibility for the technical accounting function, with specific emphasis on adherence to current and future accounting guidance and cultivating a successful relationship with our external auditors. The Senior Manager/Director leads the implementation and consistent execution of our internal controls over financial reporting (SOX). The role will have high visibility to management and the Board and will be a crucial member of our high-performance Accounting organization. Prior experience with Workiva software and SaaS business models is a major plus for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for preparation, accuracy and timely filing of all financial and regulatory reporting, both periodic and ad hoc.
- Closely work with all internal stakeholders, including but not limited to: regional controllers, Legal, external audit team, and FP&A.
- Responsible for all SOX controls for the external reporting function.
- Lead the technical accounting function, to ensure compliance with applicable GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Support External Reporting, Controller, FP&A and management with technical accounting needs.
- Monitor regulatory and other accounting developments, assess impact on the company, and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Direct successful implementation of new accounting guidance and requirements.
- Lead the accounting research effort for all technical accounting issues and the preparation of technical accounting memos, including discussions with external auditors on such topics.
- Develop and provide guidance and training to U.S. and international locations on technical accounting issues.
- Review complex accounting entries and related issues such as purchase accounting, derivatives and restructuring.
- Direct SOX control implementation for the company, including continuous improvement of the processes and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Formulate and recommend to management and drive implementation of SOX framework including scoping, planning and roll-out.
- Provide strong central oversight to guarantee consistency and quality in compliance work across all functions and geographies.
- Assess and communicate control performance status to management on a regular basis.
- Partner with Internal Audit and other stakeholders on testing and improving SOX controls.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- CPA required; Bachelors or Masters in Accounting
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience - either Senior Manager/Director or equivalent level at Big 4 public accounting firm and similar SEC reporting and technical accounting and SOX experience in a public company
- Proven leadership skills
- An ability to work well cross functionally and across geographies
- Impeccable integrity and a strong work ethic
- Exceptional writing, communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, management, analytical & decision-making skills
- An ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives
- Resourceful, action and results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)