Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyber protection for everyone, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for...
We want somebody with a real passion of defending the cyberworld, finding new threats, digging into what they do and help protecting our customers by writing detections and signature. You’ll be part of a team providing professional cybersecurity services for Malwarebytes customers, helping to defend and remediate against all manner of cyber threats. It’s more than a job, it’s a mission.
Malwarebytes MDR Threat Hunters are responsible for performing proactive detection of threat actors within our customer’s networks, spending each day hunting for evidence of threat actor activity and working with other Malwarebytes internal teams to continuously improve Malwarebytes detection capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and scope threat hunting activities based on intelligence reporting and threat hunting capabilities.
- Conduct threat hunting operations throughout our customers’ network environments.
- Escalate difficult or complex issues to more experienced staff, as appropriate.
- Prepare incident reporting for customers outlining threats, threat characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
- Provide peer review for incident reporting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Develop, maintain, and revise operational threat hunting procedures and documentation.
- Maintain expert knowledge of advanced persistent threats tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Identify and propose automated alerts for new and previously unknown threats.
- Compile and document observed threat activity for use by Malwarebytes intelligence analysts.
- Perform research to proactively identify potential threat vectors and coordinate with Malwarebytes internal teams to improve prevention and detection methods.
- Partner with cross-functional technical teams to share expertise, research threats, and implement solutions.
- Handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to be self-directed, taking initiative and executing tasks independently.
- Solid understanding of computer security principles and the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
- Solid knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Past work experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience working in a SOC or Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) setting.
- Applicable Industry Certifications, such as:
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Security Operations Certified (GSOC)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- Advanced Degree or Academic Certificate in computer security related field.
- Experience with EDR solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of public cloud environments, specifically AWS and Azure.
- Strong understanding of network protocols coupled with experience with web proxies, web application firewalls, and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Strong knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection.
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools.
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs