Modulr is seeking to appoint a Card Operations Manager to set-up and lead our Card Operations function, which will play a critical role in delivering an effortless experience for our customers that differentiates us from our competitors.
As the leader of the Card Operations team, reporting into the Head of Customer Integration and Support, you will be accountable for the creation of the function which will onboard and support Customers to connect safely, rapidly, and effortlessly to our suite of card products and services. It is therefore imperative that the Card Operations Manager has the required gravitas, energy, and drive, in additional to technical capability in relation to card products.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Establishing and growing the Card Operations function by working closely with our product teams to ensure we have the right people, processes, and technology in place to succeed in the market
- Consulting with our customers to establish the best product and controls card to meet their needs
- Strategically managing our BIN stock and ranges to meet customer demands
- Onboarding customers with our card products ensuring that their experience is effortless
- Ensuring that new customer Visa/Mastercard registrations/card designs etc. meet the required standards and are completed
- Supporting our customers on an ongoing basis to deliver maximum value from our card products, including collateral management, ordering, and invoicing processes
- Inspiring your team as to what good delivery performance looks like
- Being responsive to your teams needs and challenges, providing expertise to support and guide them, remove impediments, and get them the tools and resources necessary to excel
- Being visible to all customers; managing escalations and challenging customer engagements
- Ownership of key 3rd party suppliers such as our card partners, distributor, and processor, developing KPI/SLA and performance management.
About You: To join us as a Card Operations Manager you’ll need;
- To have held an equivalent or similar role for a minimum of 2 years
- A deep understanding of Visa/Mastercard schemes and the requirements our customers need to meet to become a bureau manager
- Experience of working in a fast paced, or similar FinTech, environment
- To be technically minded, familiar with API technology, the fundamentals and troubleshooting - Modulr uses REST APIs.
- To be familiar with the card payment ecosystem, its players and functions (Processors, Acquirer, Networks and Transaction lifecycles).
- A working knowledge / understanding of the regulatory landscape Modulr operate within, for the UK and the EU and card specific regulations (PSD2/PCIDSS)
- A working knowledge of supplier relationship management and operating through 3rd party models (SLA/KPI adherence).
- A passion for delivering effortless customer experience
- An autonomous, self-starting approach and proven ability to identify and prioritise what needs to be done
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to give clarity and confidence to internal stakeholders and customers up to Board level.