Our buyers source everything our makers need for their projects, and to grow our range in new crafts. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to support our buying team, working with our global suppliers through a smart, kind working practice. This role reports into our Senior Buyer.
What you will be doing
- Own the business plans for your suppliers, putting makers at the heart of every decision
- Strive to deliver a broad, compelling range of products at competitive prices, with 100% availability of the products our customers want the most
- Proactively network with suppliers to secure opportunistic buys and regularly negotiate directly to secure the best purchase prices and improved terms
- Secure market-leading, supplier-funded promotional offers to support our robust marketing calendar
- Serve as the company champion and go-to person for information about our industry, trends, latest news and insight: you keep your knowledge up-to-date by attending key industry events, seminars, and trade shows
- Have your finger on the pulse of your commercial performance at all times
- Generate and manage reports for the broader buying team, and perform other administrative functions to support the Retail Team.
- Facilitate and attend meetings with suppliers, including data analysis, presentation preparation and logistics support.
Who you are
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably in a fast-growing, multi-category retail environment
- Highly analytical, with a deep understanding of the value of data-driven insight
- You have excellent analytical skills, and an understanding of retail math and strategy
- Industry-leading negotiation skills with a ‘win-win’ mindset
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Fast learner that thrives on ambiguity and self-learning
- You’re a self-starter and problem-solver - you’re always on the lookout for ways to better support your team and there’s never a moment with nothing to do!
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy the fast-paced nature of working at a startup.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills. You understand tone and how to write an effective email.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Able to travel as necessary, including internationally
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great benefits including, 401K plan, private medical, dental plan and some other great perks
- Competitive vacation allowance including a day off on your Birthday
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- You'll be based at WEBS, America's Yarn Store, in a working environment that values excellence
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. We've graduated from the Future Fifty were 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.