Are you a sales leader ready for a diverse and challenging role where you get to work with a variety of key departments across the company, accelerate the growth of our inventory and grow major accounts throughout Germany? Are you interested in being at the forefront of the recovery of the tourism industry and spearheading our continued success in the German market? Join us in our mission to unlock unforgettable experiences for our modern explorers - from enabling them to book anything from skip the line tickets to Neueschwanstein castle, to hiking in the Black forest, to hidden gems in the backstreets of Berlin.
GetYourGuide is one of the world’s leading travel marketplaces for tours and activities with a very strong position in Germany. With major goals to take our success and market share to new heights in 2022, we are looking for an experienced sales leader to drive the performance of the region as well as to recruit, lead and grow the sales team.
As the Regional Manager you act as brand ambassador for GetYourGuide as well as lead the German sales team and their success across their regions. You will drive the strategy for acquisition, optimisation and new market penetration as well as consult and support the team on strategic initiatives to help drive growth and defensibility of GetYourGuide. You will work closely with team members and suppliers to build long standing, valuable and unique partnerships. For this role, you will report to the VP of Sales, Mathis Boldt, based out of Berlin.
- Manage, grow, lead and develop a best-in-class sales team in Germany whilst adapting to the new normal in terms of leadership and process.
- Build and nurture a positive team culture by leading by example, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture.
- Drive the commercial growth of the region by leading our local attraction strategy, launching our Originals tours, acquiring new suppliers, optimising existing inventory, and deepening and owning partner relationships in order to grow market share.
- Own the reporting and analysis of key metrics and acquisition goals, and exceed sales KPIs by effectively planning and managing our quarterly sales goals
- Develop and roll-out market-specific in-destination partnership opportunities to attractions and DMOs with our marketing team in Berlin i.e. affiliate programs, branding- and marketing campaigns and influencer campaigns. Strong internal stakeholder management and to build extensive local networks and relationships are key to succeed.
- Be the brand ambassador for GetYourGuide by constantly representing and strengthening GetYourGuide in the region by attending panels and trade events, dinners and events.
- 8+ years experience in sales or account management, including 5+ years in managing a team.
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of online marketplace dynamics including the connectivity landscape.
- Strong operational leader with demonstrated success in driving growth, achieving tangible results, and planning and achieving KPI targets within the region
- A brand ambassador that thrives in being a visible and top-of-mind leader in the region
- Excellent analytical and data skills with the ability to build, create and maintain dashboards to assess the success of your region and your team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a strong will to win despite challenges
- Empathetic and supportive people manager with a proven track record of recruiting and developing outstanding talents
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with a strong win-win mentality and natural ability to build external and internal relationships across teams
- Travel industry and/or travel tech/tech experience as well as personal network
- German native level + English fluent
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth markets
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers
- International team with people from over 70 nationalities in offices all over the world in a diverse culture where you are constantly learning and growing
- Annual personal learning budget
Does this description sound like you? If you’ve got the skills for the job, enthusiasm for our vision, and desire to be a part of our company culture, we’re looking forward to hearing from you. Apply now