We’re on a journey to transform ordinary trips into extraordinary ones.
What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed, it’s the unforgettable experiences that help people connect with their destination’s history and culture and create memories that last a lifetime. Our ambition, and our opportunity, is to become the global leader for travel experiences.
About the role: Destination Manager UK
Are you an enthusiastic salesperson with a thirst for taking full ownership of your markets, relationships, KPI’s and success? Are you ready for a diverse and challenging role where you can get hands-on? Are you interested in being at the forefront of the recovery of the tourism industry and supporting our continued growth in the UK market?
As part of our leading team of GetYourGuide Destination Managers, you will:
- Own your destination(s) and key performance metrics including;
- Product Inventory growth
- Increasing conversion through product optimisation
- Revenue Growth and recovery
- Customer Satisfaction through managing review rating and NPS
- Be responsible for the entire sales funnel from start to end: from product research to acquisition and onboarding, negotiating with key attractions and tours, getting the best conditions, closing the deal and post-deal communication
- Keep up with, and be the contact person for your destination’s market landscape - including tourism trends and competition
- Be an ambassador for the brand through involvement in webinars, workshops, trade shows, supplier meetings
- Lead strategic deals and initiatives with top partners from idea generation to implementation and project management to success tracking and reporting.
- Be a constant presence in the field (when regulations allow); experience our products in order to discover where customers’ pain points are, implement solutions, and work closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will create unforgettable experiences for our customers.
- Ideally a minimum of 4+ years of B2B sales experience, with tourism/e-commerce industry experience a plus
- A strong communicator, with key sales, negotiation, and influencing skills; a great relationship builder
- Self-motivated, a creative thinker, and enjoy the challenge of making something out of nothing
- Welcomes a challenge, and is relentless in finding mutually beneficial solutions, closing deals with challenging key accounts
- Results-focused with key prioritisation skills and a strategic mindset
- Strong in data analysis and reporting
- Passionate about traveling and getting out to your markets, visiting our local partners, discovering new opportunities (once travel resumes)
- Skilled in common software (G-Suite, MS office: excel)
- Fluent in English
Reasons to join us:
- Join the global leader for travel experiences. We have an outstanding culture, talent density, growth model, and cash balance.
- Be an integral part of the company’s growth and success through our Virtual Share Program.
- Boost your learning curve and network. GetYourGuide’s size (~600 employees from over 70 nationalities) is the ideal size to learn from the best and to build up a strong international network.
- Make the most of networking and social events such as summits, employee training events and workshops, and other regular team events (remote or in-person when safe to travel), as well as partner events and conferences.
- Experience our tours yourself as part of product testing and improvement plans, and you can use your own GetYourGuide travel vouchers for your personal travel.
- Benefit from several perks: 1-2 zone monthly travel card, Company Pension, GYG family & friends discount, personal annual training budget.