Meditopia is excited to be looking for a Head of Data Science.
Come join us on a unique adventure to transform people’s lives from the inside out by reconnecting to themselves, to the moment, and to their inner resilience.
The world’s most popular mental wellness platform for non-English speakers, Meditopia is a unique, life-changing experience. Part mental coach, part meditation retreat, we’re proud to support a thriving community of over 30 million members, in 12 different languages.
Based out of vibrant Istanbul, and Berlin, our team of expert wellness warriors is on a mission to bring inner peace to even more people around the world, every day. Now more than ever.
From compassionate creatives, and supportive community managers, to trusted engineers, our commitment to each other, and to our members, is what makes life at Meditopia so special.
We’re looking for data-minded team players to make Meditopia even more impactful by using game-changing insights to drive a world-class, and highly-personalized user experience. As a key strategic partner to the business, you’ll be one of the game changers of how we think about, and use data.
We are looking for a Head of Data Science to join Meditopia, to help us offer a world class customer experience to our users.
How will you do this?
As a Meditopia’s Head of Data Science you will own the entire Data Science stack, from the foundation of the data infrastructure to data driven applications. Examples are to build applications to automate customer acquisition, AB-testing analysis, content acquisition, user behaviour analysis and personalized content recommendations. Equally important you will also own metrics frameworks, growth accounting and growth modelling, in order to maximize Meditopia’s growth.
This is a key role and you will be a strategic partner in running the business.
Define the vision for the future of data science, the trends within Meditopia’s user model, and the skills to guide the team to execute on this vision. This means that it is your responsibility that the right Applications are and can be built. You need to identify the business needs for Meditopia in the medium term and plan accordingly to make sure that there are Applications that can meet them.
You will manage Data Analysts, Data Scientists, who practice a full stack approach to data science, as well as Data Engineers, who will build the foundation to enable everything.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building and managing small Data teams
- Strong recruiting and people management skills, as well as experience mentoring teams and managers to high performance
- B.S degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist with hands-on experience in Data engineering.
- Experience of analysing and modelling the growth of a mobile application company
- Experience with running AB-experiments at large scale and significant experience
- Experience with analytics tools such as Amplitude, Looker, Tableau etc.
- Experience with recommendations system
- Experience with predictive modelling of conversion, LTV and/or churn
- Willingness to learn: open to feedback and development on both technical and interpersonal levels
- Great communication and collaboration skills along with a strong hunger to learn and develop