About the role and about You:
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer for Mobile to join our Game team. You may be in the role of Technical Director or a senior technical contributor at your current company.
The right candidate is a technical inspiring leader in mobile development, with experience in hands-on technical depth in one or more of the following areas:
- iOS SDK and Swift
- Android SDK and Kotlin
- RESTful APIs to connect iOS/Android applications to back-end services
This is a hands-on, technical-focused role reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Engineering, without people-management duties.
You’ll be creating compelling user experiences across our Zwift Companion mobile apps, including solution plans, presenting demos and concepts, leading architecture discussions, and rolling up your sleeves and going deep.
What you’ll do:
- Provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to the mobile development team.
- Resolve technical dependencies and deliver detailed technical designs to partners and fellow engineers.
- Mentor other mobile engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Identify technical risks and help build mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 8+ years of mobile development experience.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Someone who still regularly codes and can, at a senior level, actively contribute features and fixes to the Zwift Mobile codebase.
- Strong mentor and able to coach other senior engineers on how to be great mentors.
- Ability to analyze, improve and extend a large established codebase
- Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
- Experience with automated testing and building pipelines for CI/CD.
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDK and/or Android SDK.
- Strong knowledge of Swift & Objective-C and/or Kotlin.
- Experience with Cross-Platform UI Development
- Familiarity with Bluetooth coding
- Familiarity with frameworks such as CoreBluetooth, HealthKit, and WatchKit
- Familiarity with Push Notification APIs
- Strong Knowledge with Android NDK and C++ cross platform mobile development
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness
- Experienced Zwifter
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.
Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.