GetYourGuide is a Berlin-based high-growth pre-IPO company with offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. GetYourGuide's mission is to unlock unforgettable experiences for travellers around the world.
We are looking for a driven and articulate Senior Communications Manager to join our communications team. You’ll create, manage and tell our story to thousands of GetYourGuide partners located around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our mission.
This position will be based in Berlin, and will report to the Director of Corporate Communications.
You will be primarily responsible for developing and sharing GetYourGuide’s story with our Experience Creators and Attractions, including company positions, emerging opportunities, new data, and critical information. Our communications will target both existing partners as well as new and potential partnerships.
In communicating our story, you will coach our supply leadership team, work directly with journalists, plan conference and event presentations, develop content for distribution, and manage media enquiries. You will be required to maintain strong relationships with cross-functional, internal stakeholders. You must be able to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Understand GetYourGuide's partners and our brand, and use that knowledge to develop relevant, creative, and on-brand communications to engage with Attractions and Experience Creators.
- Create engaging and interesting story angles that are on-brand and consistent with our company positioning, and are effective in receiving media pick-up.
- Execute campaigns to drive positive results.
- Draft written materials, such as story pitches, press releases, messaging guidelines, Q&As, presentations.
- Prepare briefings for media interviews and public speaking engagements.
- Build and maintain a strong network of PR partners to execute effectively on the strategy.
- Understand and own relevant KPIs, performing analyses and using KPIs to inform strategic decisions.
- Resolve communications crises quickly and adeptly.
- 5+ years communications experience, in-house experience required.
- Fluent English is mandatory, fluency in another language is desirable.
- Track record of working across several markets, ideally within Europe and the US.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in media relations with an established media network.
- Ability to initiate, manage and deliver press projects including research/data-led stories, campaigns, press events, and press trips.
- Experience working in a high pressure growth environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for GetYourGuide's mission.
- Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Experience in the travel industry or marketplaces is a plus.
- Working at a European tech unicorn that is constantly innovating and evolving
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s success
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- A diverse team of over 70 nationalities
- Personal annual training budget and GrowthHub - be constantly learning
- Discounted passes for public transportation, personal health and pension schemes
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station
- Breakfast, drinks, and fruit every day.
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & drinks Fridays)
- Lots of fun events and team outings, with regular learning and development opportunities in short a place to jointly grow and have fun together
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via [email protected].
In the meantime, you can check our blog http://inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide! Apply now