We are one of the fastest growing podcast and audiobook platforms in Europe, and are seeking an experienced Country Manager to lead our Danish team, taking Podimo to the next level in Denmark. Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
Denmark is our home market, so it is close to our hearts. We’ve built a fantastic catalogue of content with over 300 exclusive shows, have attracted a large group of users to our platform, and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Nevertheless, we have only just scratched the surface of our potential in terms of discovering and creating quality content, as well as the growth potential in the market. We are early in our journey, so you will work both strategically and with hands-on execution, and you will be taking over a dedicated growth focused team based in our office in Vesterbro, Copenhagen.
Your main responsibilities in this role:
- Overall P&L & KPI responsible for our operations in Denmark: from leveraging data insights in order to generate user growth, to securing strategic partners to help distribute and promote our service, to raising the bar on our catalogue of great content
- Manage and lead a dedicated growth focused team
- Work in close partnership with our Director of Content to secure that our content strategy and growth strategy are intertwined
- Build and execute the strategy for becoming the #1 platform for audio stories in Denmark
- Represent Denmark in building synergies between our global operations and global commercial management team, including country managers from Norway, Spain and Germany.
This is you
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader with a healthy appetite for great content. We want someone with ambition to shape the future of audio entertainment and bring great untold stories to millions of listeners in Denmark.
Experience we’re looking for:
- You are a passionate, commercial thinking executive who loves to take ownership and is hungry for growth
- You have 7+ years of commercial experience, ideally with a background in media, telco or subscription businesses.
- You love growth hacking and have been working with all marketing verticals (performance marketing, influencer marketing, advertorials, ATL, OOH etc.)
- You have a strong media and entertainment industry network across publishers, traditional media, and digital media companies, combined with experience in partner management and negotiations.
- You are both a leader and a team player, with a track record of developing effective teams in fast-paced environments. You create a clear strategy, leveraging data-driven insights to help shape it, and are pragmatic and hands-on in execution
- You are based in Denmark and willing to travel when needed
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
- Six month fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify and no matter where in the world you live
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Flexible work. Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
- Delicious lunch with great colleagues
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings, and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility, and believe that we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply, and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.
We’re currently active in four European markets (Denmark, Norway, Germany, and Spain) but watch this space: we’re expanding fast.