Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Finance team at Domino embodies a novel approach to people, processes, and technology. We’ve done away with the “old way” of doing things. Excel is great, but we have built an enterprise-grade financial system stack that gives us the freedom to work that matters most paired with the flexibility to do it best. This team is as innovative as the company we are building.
What your impact will be
The Payroll Specialist role will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on a booming business in a dynamic startup environment through automation and process improvements.
- Managing the payroll process for US and international employees on a semi-monthly and monthly basis:
- Process payroll for all US employees
- Review payslips for all international employees prepared by our local accountants
- Process adjustments, special payments and garnishments as needed
- Responding to any employee queries as required
- Ensuring benefit elections and 401(k) plan contributions by employees are complete and accurate
- Track bonus and commission plans to ensure all required payments are made
- Ensuring we are compliant with payroll laws and best practices in the US:
- Calculate severance payments, research state severance payment requirements
- Update email address, contact information for final documents
- Ensure adherence to payroll legislation when new employees join in other states (i.e. US state registrations)
- Always be up to date with current laws and impending changes
- Assist People Team in managing leaves as required
- Assisting the accounting team with payroll reconciliations each pay period and any ad hoc payroll reporting as required for month-end close purposes
- Manage year end payroll procedures:
- W2's, 1099's, 1095's, Form 3291 and other required documentation
- Close out payroll
- Maintain payroll software, including assisting with implementation of new systems as required:
- Ensure payroll system data is in line with HRIS
- Maintain correct coding set-up
- Solve any on-going issues with ADP set-up / errors
What We Look For in This Role
- 5+ years multi-state payroll experience
- FPC or CPP certification is preferred
- Strong understanding of payroll and tax withholding compliance obligations
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel), ADP and various payroll and benefits software and services.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and urgency
- Self-motivated, self-starter, naturally curious, attention to detail, organized, coachable, strives for continuous improvement, ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment and not afraid to roll up their sleeves
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset and high-performing, creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value those that believe improving is always possible. At Domino everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply