We are one of the fastest growing podcast & audiobook platforms in Europe and we are now looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our Global Content Group. Founded in Copenhagen 2 years ago, we’ve seen exciting growth in part through the success of translated works; either our own original shows, or through translation partnerships with iHeartMedia, Wondery, Somethin’ Else, and a number of independent creators from around the world. The Global Content Group has created or translated 50 shows to date, and many of our market’s top performing shows were translated from other languages. As we plan to greatly expand our translated output, we’re seeking a production-savvy individual with previous experience in (or a keen interest in) translation, to transform Podimo into a fully-functioning in-house studio. The goal is to create, translate, and distribute scalable, borderless formats that have repeated success in multiple markets. Sound fun? Excellent, read on:
This is the role
The Production Manager will be responsible for seamlessly coordinating productions and translations across all of Podimo’s markets. The app is currently available in Denmark, Germany, Spain, LATAM, and Norway, with plans to expand quickly to more markets in Europe and beyond. Responsibilities include:
- Creating a robust network of trusted freelance talent to execute every aspect of production: translators, voice actors, engineers, editors, recording studios
- Keeping productions on budget and schedule
- Ensuring integrity of translation and quality of production by working with local Podimo PoCs to review translated episodes in a timely and effective manner
- Managing a high volume of productions and schedules to deliver a consistent output of new episodes in all markets
This is you
Podimo aims to create inclusive and equal opportunities for all our staff, and welcome applicants regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, disability, or religious beliefs. Whilst we have offices across Europe and Latin America and support flexible and remote working, you will ideally be based in (or willing to relocate to) London or Copenhagen.
Experience we’re looking for:
- You are a kick-*ss producer with a talent for end-to-end audio production management across a high volume of shows.
- You have a strong reputation amongst your vast network of production and translation talent
- You have an eye for good ideas, both business and creative, and an ability to think outside of your core role to share them with the creative and product teams
- You have experience building and executing against a pipeline of targets
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audiobooks, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
- Six month fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
- Delicious lunch with great colleagues.
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings, and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility, and believe that we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply, and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas and stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.