At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in EMEA.
The Cloud Sales Engineer is a highly visible technical expert in the pre-sales process. Sales Engineering is responsible for demonstrating prospective customers how Camunda enables them to automate business processes and gain the agility, visibility and scale that is needed to achieve digital transformation. This includes ownership of the technical part of the sales process by understanding technical requirements, introducing our technology and overcoming technical objections.
You will work closely with our sales managers and the pre-sales teams in order to build a strong strategy to win the customer. The value of Camunda’s Sales Engineers is measured by a high conversion rate of prospects to Camunda customers.
For this role you should be deeply passionate about innovative software technologies and although you are not an expert in coding you find yourself in front of a computer creating snippets and experimenting with new frameworks.
What You'll Do:
- Map customer requirements to our Camunda product portfolio
- Develop individual Camunda evaluation plans for our prospects
- Conduct product demos and product related Q&A sessions
- Take charge of Camunda team to complete RFI / RFP documents
- Team up with Sales Managers to discuss the status and development of accounts
- Organize pre-sales engagements (schedule & assign experts, coordinate with Sales)
- Implement code snippets
- Create and maintain pre-sales content and technical artifacts
What You'll Bring Along:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Information Systems, Business Informatics, Computer Science)
- 3+ years’ experience in a Sales Engineering or Technical Pre-Sales role. You have hands-on experience in Sales Engineering methods and best practices
- Technology and software engineering is your passion. You have some experience in coding (Java), know current software engineering technologies as well as common IT-architectures
- It is easy for you to communicate complex issues and products in a clear and concise manner
- You are an organizational talent - you like to put plans into practice in a structured and efficient way
- You are a team player who enjoys communicating with people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with BPM/BPMN/orchestration/process automation is a strong plus.
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with outstanding Glassdoor rating and CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.
#EMEA Apply now