OUTFITTERY is the biggest personal shopping service in Europe. We are a company for those who want a little more when it comes to their own style - more guidance and expertise, fewer rules and less routine. This is because we believe that style is an unfolding story. We aim to inspire and not dictate what to wear. We understand that style is a journey, and we are here to guide the way. Our every customer gets a personal selection of clothes, which our stylists create out of more than 100 brands – always having in mind the customers’ wishes and budget. In the end, the customers pay only for the items they keep. This way, we get closer to fulfilling our mission, which is to empower anyone to unlock their true style.
About the tech teams:
We are 35 engineers who work in teams of 5 to 7 engineers. We believe in keeping the teams small. Each team is responsible for their part of the platform - from concept through development until deployment and operation.
Our product managers are integrated into the dev teams and we work very closely together with our data scientists. Together we transform Outfittery towards a truly data driven vision that relies on machine learning algorithms to steer our business and thus our platform, too.
We’ve split this platform into ~60 microservices that communicate via direct REST calls and asynchronous messaging via RabbitMQ and Kafka. These services are written in Java, Groovy, and Kotlin. Our web applications use ReactJS. Overall we are pretty happy with this tech stack but we are planning to evolve that setup in the future. Currently we are in the process of migrating our deployment over to AWS. You could be part of the team as a Senior Frontend Engineer (All genders).
This will be your responsibilities:
- Receive artifacts proposed by our design team and transform them into screens in our frontend applications.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to better understand how features are delivering value to our customers and suggest improvements.
- Write unit tests to assert quality of our frontend applications.
- Collaborate with backend teams to propose improvements to API endpoints.
- Suggest refactoring and other improvements that will make our code base more robust and maintainable.
- Collaborate with product managers to achieve a balance between features and maintenance work across sprints.
- Be the "go-to person" for frontend development expertise.
This is what we like about people joining our team:
- Ideally, 4+ years of expertise in frontend solution development.
- Experienced with testing frameworks and focus on Unit Testing (TDD).
- Great team player who is experienced with Scrum/Agile methodology.
- You understand how to troubleshoot web applications and are not afraid of constantly improving existing code.
- Strong communicator, you can synthesize, visualize and communicate your ideas to others.
- Flexible Work - You can work flexible hours, from home, from the office or remotely in alignment with your team and your responsibilities. It’s important to us that the way you work, works for you.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion - These are our OUTFITTERY Community Guidelines and everybody who wants to contribute to us constantly evolving as an employer, can join our committee that meets once per week to discuss current topics that will help us grow and become more and more inclusive.
- Mental Health - Our partner Selfapy offers individual psychological counseling. Challenges at work like conflicts with colleagues? Personal problems involving your life partner or your children? Are you experiencing anxiety or are you feeling overwhelmed? The psychologists of Selfapy are here for you everyday in German and in English.
- Team Events - With teams working partially remote there is not always enough face to face time for bonding. That’s why we are trying to plan regular and fun Team Events on- or offline, depending on the current circumstances.
- Employee Discounts - Everybody at OUTFITTERY benefits from a 40% discount on our products. We also offer various discounts via our partner portal Corporate Benefits.
- Hard- & Software - No matter where you are around the world, we will make sure you have the Hard- and Software you need to get your job done. Do you also need a table, an office chair or a fan for your Home-Office? No problem, we got you!
- Berlin Hub - Everybody who needs or wants to can come and work from our Berlin office in Kreuzberg. Bring your pet, enjoy the air-conditioning and the view from our beautiful terrace. And don’t forget to get quick-tested at our reception if you are not fully vaccinated.
Intrigued? Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possible starting date. Your contact person is Matthias Hutsch. Apply now