Hot on the heels of our Series A funding round last year, hx is set for hypergrowth. We are building the marketing function from the ground up and are seeking an incredible Product Marketing Manager as a critical first hire for the team.
You will be responsible for guiding and fuelling the outbound marketing messaging and strategy for hx.
You will be the market and product evangelist both internally and externally, and will ensure that our content, messaging and communications are best-in-class - differentiating hx and leading the market. If you’re a builder who would love to shape the future of hx, and who thrives in an environment of change and agility, then we want to hear from you.
Note: hx is still a relatively early-stage business, and our culture prizes initiative highly - as such this section is a good indicator of your role, but the list isn’t exhaustive.
- Develop compelling positioning and messaging for our flagship product, Renew
- Translate value propositions into impactful sales enablement, including pitch decks, case studies, sales sheets, videos, collateral, whitepapers and more
- Be cognizant of the industry and competitive landscape and how developments and changes impact hx, our customers and how we stay ahead
- Drive hx presence at industry, partner and third party events, including strategy, content and messaging - as well as on-stage evangelism
- Work closely with regional PR agencies and serve as a product and services champion with press, analysts and other key influencers
- Collaborate with product management and finance teams to ensure that our pricing and packaging strategies always deliver value to our customers and hx
- Partner with content and demand generation on the strategic direction and development of campaigns and content including webinars, the website, white papers and blogs
- Be a customer advocate; make sure that customer content is included in anything and everything we do in marketing
- Build demos and deliver technical and thought leadership presentations
- Gather insights from internal teams, customers, prospects and analysts to inform a value proposition and positioning framework that clearly articulates the problems/pains that hx addresses and how we are uniquely positioned to solve them
- Build out the core messaging framework for hx
- Build out core decks for sales and customer meetings
- Attend marketing events as a product evangelist / presenter / facilitator
- Conduct briefings with PR agencies and analysts
- Build out the hx playbook for product launches
- You have a solid track record of success driving market strategy at an enterprise software organisation
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry, as well as a deep understanding of complex, enterprise sales and buyer journeys
- You are proficient in translating technical features into clear and concise benefits, and know how to position value that aligns to individual pain points
- You’re an excellent writer, spokesperson and presenter, with the marketing acumen to translate your expertise into compelling content across multiple channels.
- You’re strategic and tactical, creative and disciplined - you enjoy working at the big picture and detailed levels
- You’re a driven self-starter; highly accountable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong interpersonal skills; a great partner to product management and able to build strong relationships across functions
Skills & Experience
- 5+ in the software industry with 2+ years of in a product marketing role. Insurtech experience is a strong plus
- Technical aptitude along with an understanding of and enthusiasm for cloud technology, SaaS and Python
- Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral
- You've run or played a key role in a product launch before
- You've interviewed customers and documented how the product has delivered benefit
- You are skilled at collaborating with product management, engineering and customers to come up with great ideas for content
- Ability to present clearly and concisely in front of executives, vendors, partners, press, analysts and customers.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + very staff-friendly EMI share options
- £5,000 annual learning & development allowance
- Private healthcare (inc. dental) insurance through Vitality
- Enhanced pension scheme through Penfold
- 33 days annual leave (inc. public holidays)
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, mechanical keyboards, screens, etc)
- Regular remote hackathons, lunch & learns, socials and games nights
- Team breakfasts and lunches, snacks, drinks fridge, fun office @ The Ministry
- Monthly Revenue team socials
- Huge opportunity for personal development and mastery as we grow together
- Annual team trip somewhere warm!
Diversity @ hx
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is. We are not yet where we want to be in terms of balance, but it is our mission to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we are working hard towards that goal.
If you like the sound of this role but you’re not totally sure whether you’re the right fit – please apply anyway and we’ll let you know either way. Remember: you miss every shot you don’t take! Apply now