United States of America, United Kingdom
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 87 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists.
As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit. The Creative Studio is our in-house creative agency which oversees everything we put out into the world. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising and editorial teams. Together we help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
WePresent is WeTransfer’s digital arts platform, acting as the company’s cultural torchbearer to a monthly audience of 3 million in 190 countries. Collaborating with emerging young talent to renowned artists such as Marina Abramovic, Riz Ahmed, FKA twigs or David Sedaris, WePresent showcases the best in art, photography, film, music, literature and more, championing diversity in everything it does. The platform’s commissions range from editorial features to films, illustrations, photography series, events, exhibitions and social media activations, with an aim to offer a fresh take on the magic and mystery of creative ideas.
WePresent is seeking a Freelance Social Media Editor to work with the editorial team on a flexible freelance basis. The role entails working on day to day social media tasks as well as one-off artist commissions with the aim of strengthening WePresent’s brand and platform and building new audiences. The Social Media Editor will work with our Audience Development Manager, Editorial Producer and Community Manager.
We are looking for someone who is available 3-4 days per week
What you will be doing:
- Own the creation of the WePresent monthly content calendar including daily workflow, recurring series and major content moments
- Identify real time conversations relevant to WePresent and featured artists and create content for amplification
- Serve as a project manager between departments for key projects across all social media platforms
- Manage, with the Audience Development Manager, social partnerships with creators and platforms that align with WePresent brand
- Live post events on social networks where applicable
- Maintain social best practices for WePresent tone of voice, and visual assets for feed and stories
What you bring to the table:
- Relevant experience as a social media editor preferably in a publication or digital media company and knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- Familiar with social media publishing tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout, Sprinklr etc.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Interest in social issues and a good understanding of online conversations and popular trends among creatives
- An eye for what is trending in the social world and a curiosity for what is emerging
- Broad interest in sharing unexpected stories from creatives and a willingness to engage with their experience
- A proactive and positive attitude. A talent for creative solutions, creativity and experimentation
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Must be based in Europe or in the US
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: