GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are now searching for a Payroll Specialist. This is a full-time role based out of our Berlin office.
As Payroll Specialist you will be reporting to Payroll Team Lead, supporting and helping to build strong payroll processes across all 15 entities of the company across the world, with special focus on the Germany division.
The Payroll team’s mission is to create, maintain and consolidate high-quality, compliant payroll processes for all entities of the GetYourGuide group worldwide. We also aim to accurately report financial information in a timely manner in accordance with corporate policies and local regulations to internal and external stakeholders, respectively, while supporting national and international country managers and employees with salary, tax and social security topics.
- You will be responsible for payroll of circa 500 employees for monthly period
- You will ensure on and off cycle payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner, at the same time all tax, social security and payroll related payments are processed on a timely manner
- Be part of the team responsible for establishing and setting up this new function
- You will be the point of contact for employees and managers for payroll
- You will be working closely with the People team and Finance on all payroll related matters
- You have +4 years of experience in German payroll function, including preparation and review, internal control and accuracy, balancing, and taxes
- You have knowledge in labor and payroll tax laws and regulations, specially in German payroll
- You have great organizational, analytical and processing skills, with attention to detail, problem solving and an experienced Excel/Sheets user
- You are fluent in German and English
- You are curious and wanting to learn, easily adapting to new processes and changes
- You are used to working with sensitive information, both company and employee related, and keep a high level of confidentiality
- You like to work on a team, and communicate proactively, sharing information in an assertive manner. You also communicate well with employees and other stakeholders, specially to discuss payroll related matters
- Experience on other international payrolls would be a bonus
- Experience using WorkDay and Payslip would be an advantage
- Work at a European tech unicorn
- Work with an international team with over 70 nationalities where you are constantly learning and growing
- An open, friendly, upbeat work environment where every voice is heard
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Annual learning and home office set up allowances
- Relocation assistance / an outstanding team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Several perks including Company Pension Plan, discounts on the BVG job ticket and Urban Sports Club membership
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
We’d love to hear from you by emailing [email protected] and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our company blog Inside GetYourGuide. Apply now