GetYourGuide is one of the leading tours and activity marketplaces, with more than 68,000 experiences and over $883M in investment. We are the market leader in Europe with a mission to further accelerate market growth in the USA in 2022.
We are searching for a Senior Business Development Manager to scale our acquisition of affiliate and brand building partners in the USA. This includes strategy, program development and hands-on execution. This is a key position to deliver 10x growth over the next 2-3 years.
Reporting to the Team Lead of Business Development, you will be responsible for the entire process of partner acquisition. You will lead complex sales processes, including qualification, proposals, presentations, commercial offers, contracting and managing both internal and external stakeholders. On top of driving revenue growth you will closely collaborate with our brand team to activate brand and co-marketing initiatives with new partners.
Our mission is to enable awareness, trust and conversion of GetYourGuide products by marketing through influential and relevant partner brands. We aspire to be the leading affiliate partner for tours and activities within the travel industry. This position enables GetYourGuide to efficiently drive brand visibility and revenue while diversifying marketing revenue from other channels. The Strategic Partnership team works with branded publishers, airlines/transit companies, OTAs, and loyalty partners with the likes of Lonely Planet, Spirit Airlines, Expedia, and KAYAK to name a few.
As responsibilities, you’ll...
- (Co)-develop a local acquisition strategy that increases the number of leads, conversations and closed deals required to drive growth among strategic targets in the U.S. and potentially Americas.
- Lead complex sales processes through qualification, pitching, negotiation, commercial offer development, contracting and closing.
- Create business models and deal structures to secure Strategic Partnerships.
- Build effective stakeholder relationships and scalable processes with Brand, Product, Supply, Legal and Finance teams.
- Positively represent GetYourGuide to the travel and technology industries through regular presence at industry events such as in-person and virtual conferences or trade shows, active participation through professional social networks such as LinkedIn and local industry organizations.
- Work closely with new and prospective partners, and internal stakeholders, to define partnership integration strategies that aim to onboard new partners as quickly and as seamlessly as possible.
- Through discovery and strategic planning, identify product and tech requirements for new and/or existing partner verticals and work closely with Account Management and Partner Tech to develop strategies to ensure resources are available for a seamless integration process and timely launch plan.
- Become an expert in GetYourGuide’s onboarding processes and business, and work closely with Leadership in onboarding new hires and junior team members.
- Define and lead various projects that contribute to maintaining and adding to the Acquisition Team’s institutional memory (Knowledge Library).
- Regular participation and leadership in team events.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally up to 30% of working time.
- You have 5+ years prior experience in Marketing, Sales, Business Development and/or Management Consulting, ideally in an online environment.
- You have strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, you are data-driven, result-oriented, radically customer-centric, persistent and reliable in execution.
- You have outstanding communication, negotiation, presentation, and interpersonal skills with both internal & external stakeholders.
- You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, where being eager to learn and quickly implement feedback is crucial.
- You have a strong desire to win despite all challenges and are always committed and determined to deliver on our mission.
Why work with us?
- To work at a European tech unicorn that is constantly innovating and evolving
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- An international team with 600+ people from 70+ nationalities
- Regular learning opportunities via conferences, our leadership program, and training from our network of industry experts
- Annual training budget and GrowthHub
- Weekly all-hands meetings and monthly updates
- GetYourGuide tour and activity gift cards to experience our products for yourself
- A range of company benefits and perks
Does this description sound like you? If you’ve got the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and desire to be a part of our company culture, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Please send us your CV, cover letter, and portfolio in English.
Be sure to check what happens behind the scenes on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application. Apply now