Location: Long Beach, CA. or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about YOU:
Zwift is looking for C++ engineers to join our growing team. You will help architect and engineer the link between cutting-edge fitness hardware and the Zwift MMO. In this position, you will integrate fitness devices and communication protocols into the Zwift game, connecting Zwifters and their fitness equipment to the world of Watopia. Connectivity is at the core of the Zwift game experience, and you will play an important role in making that experience seamless, robust, and delightful. You will also have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with designers, producers, engineers, artists, and product managers to build new features, elevate your teammates, and help Zwift achieve its mission of making more People, more Active, more Often.
What you’ll do:
- Integrate Bluetooth Low Energy, ANT+, and other fitness hardware into the Zwift MMO.
- Work with stakeholders from other teams to address user feedback, implement features and fix bugs.
- Mentor other engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Establish practices to level up our Engineering team, such as feature flags, CI/CD, and code design patterns.
- Provide technical designs, identify risks, scope projects, and align our work with Zwift’s goals and mission.
- Assist cross-functional teams with hiring by interviewing candidates and referring top talent.
What we’re looking for:
- 5-10 years of professional software development experience.
- Expertise in C++ to contribute to our core game and cross-platform codebases.
- Expertise in following: hardware integration, multi-threading, memory management, and/or profiling.
- Familiarity with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), ANT+, and other communication protocols.
- Strong production troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working on an MMO and/or AAA game.
- Experience shipping cross-platform products, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Experience with Mobile Development (iOS/Android).
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
(Colorado Only) Minimum salary of $128,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.