We are looking for a Tech Lead with a strong desire to learn and innovate – you help challenge the status quo and you are determined to help Nexthink stay on the leading edge of digital employee experience. The candidate should be heavily motivated by both the product and technology stack. This is a unique opportunity to design and build distributed systems at scale.
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, you will work inside the Application Experience group, on a full cloud-native, microservice-driven stack. Application Experience delivers real-time visibility into employee experience with – and adoption of – SaaS applications.
Nexthink’s mission is to delight people at work and your contributions will impact the work-life of millions of workers. As a Technical Lead at Nexthink, we expect you to be a strong communicator and demonstrate technical excellence to help and guide the team in delivering on their commitments. You will participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams.
You are highly motivated, result-driven, and detail-oriented. You have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills (both hard and soft). You are familiar with the concepts and patterns described in the Reactive Manifesto, and terms such as CAP theorem, consensus protocols, strong vs eventual consistency, backpressure, bulkheading, circuit breaker, split-brain, and event-sourcing are your bread and butter. You are pragmatic, open to feedback, accountable, and a team player.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team
- Actively collaborate with different partners or stakeholders and motivate the team to achieve organizational goals
- Conduct regular (weekly) 1-1s with each team member
- Anticipate business risks and requirement and accurately translates them into solutions and projects (a.k.a., project management)
- Oversee and contribute to the overall product’s architecture and design
- Design, implement, test, deliver and validate features
- Oversee L3 support requests
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different ceremonials
- B.S. or Master in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience building production software systems, with at least 4+ years as Senior Software Engineer
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Expertise in full-stack development in at least one modern programming language and familiarity with different datastores
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, GraphQL, Java, and React is highly valuable
- Proven ability to learn new languages and technologies, and lead others in acquiring new skills
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) in English and teamwork skills. Experience with speaking at technical conferences is valued