Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 2,650 customers in 22 countries. AMCS employs over 700 people across 11 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
We are currently looking for a IT Service Desk Technician to provide enterprise-level assistance to our internal users. As part of the global IT team you will play a key role in supporting the operations of our global network, end users and business applications.
IT Service Desk Technician responsibilities include resolving network issues, deploying and configuring operating systems, managing day to day IT operations tasks and using support tools to provide immediate end user support.
You will use the service desk and chat applications to give users quick answers to simple IT issues, and help populate our IT knowledgebase with user self-help articles. For end user problems that require more detailed diagnoses you will speak directly with end users to help resolve their problem and engage the wider IT team when required.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree or similar qualification in a relevant field, Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar certification is a plus.
- Triage incident & service desk tickets being submitted by employees to ensure they are actioned with agreed SLA’s.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup, network access and configuration and applications.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed SLA’s.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes, manuals, and knowledgebase articles.
- Backup & Patch management of critical systems.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Help with computer security audits.
- 2+ years proven track record as an IT Support Technician, Desktop Support Engineer or similar role.
- Familiarity with O365/Azure & AAD.
- Experience of Windows Active Directory, DNS, Windows Powershell, VoIP, SSL.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to think logically to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to be a team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise your workload in a fast moving environment.