Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world's most talented video creators on social media. We're an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
About the job
Korea is a key priority market for Jellysmack given the importance and growth of its video creator, media and entertainment segments. In that perspective, Jellysmack is looking for a highly capable Country Manager, Korea (Country Head) to lead the expansion of the Korean office and its commercial team, which consists mainly of Partnerships Manager, Partnerships Coordinator, Success Managers, Marketing Manager.
Reporting to the Head of APAC, you will strategically lead commercial and operational activities to achieve our ambitious business growth plan and goals in Korea. You will be in charge of developing the strategic plan and establishing Jellysmack as the #1 global creator company with content creators and media partners in Korea.
You will also coach and mentor the team to grow the number of partners across our diverse programs and provide our creators with high quality and attractive content. You will also identify key improvements and roadmap for target completion, and always design solutions and anticipate ahead to implement solutions from short-term to long-term perspective.
Being the Head of Korea, you will also be in charge of representing Jellysmack brand in (press, events) and contribute to the brand communication strategy.
- Develop the Creator, Catalog Licensing, and Media Partner programs in Korea with ambitious target setting and rigorous KPI tracking.
- Maintain solid, long-term relationships with our Creators and Partners in Korea, seizing new opportunities to up-sell.
- Support and lead, as necessary, business development, including sales presentations, local negotiations, and client onboarding.
- Track the overall pipeline, making sure that we identify and sign with the most relevant partners.
- Take a strong lead and hands-on approach in sales and operations; determine optimal utilization of staff and resources; improve the goals and accountabilities of the teams.
- Recruit, manage and motivate a diverse team of professionals including sales, marketing, account management, and content operations.
- Represent Jellysmack in key PR and communication events.
- Source market data and research on trends, market conditions, competitors, and regulations and develop insightful strategies in response to emerging trends.
- Keep track of trending topics on social media and use your people skills to find new business opportunities in the Korean market.
● At least 8 to 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years leadership/senior management roles within the social media, technology and entertainment space.
● Prior work experience in a start-up environment is highly desirable.
● Proven experience as a Country Manager or similar senior operations leader in a fast-paced technology, social media, entertainment industry with a vast network with creators and MCNs.
● Exposure in managing complex operations, including building and managing functional teams across Sales, Marketing, Operations and work along with other functions such as Finance and Legal.
● You are a leader who is collaborative, resourceful and, knows how to get things done.
● You are also experienced in building scalable programs and have demonstrated the ability to lead cross-functional alignment.
● You have a passion for navigating ambiguity, driving clarity, and influencing strategy.
● You know how to motivate and encourage your team members to do their best work and have fun while doing it.
● Demonstrable experience in developing and executing strategic business plans, including previous P&L responsibilities.
● Ability to conduct the market research and develop business strategies for Korea.
● Proven ability to see the ‘bigger long-term picture’ and think strategically while achieving short-term results.
● Ability to express strategy to the leadership team in the context of Korea objectives.
Strategic Partnership & Deal Negotiation Skills:
● You have excellent business acumen & negotiation skills - you can support the partnerships team in negotiating with MCN, talent agencies and creators.
● Commercially minded, self-starter and driven, with an ability to build and foster relationships with a wide range of relevant stakeholders.
● Significant experience generating new business and sales opportunities.
● Very strong interpersonal skills, confidence networking with various influencers and stakeholders in the entertainment and media industry.
● Ability to work across disciplines (coordination, negotiation, account management.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in Korean and English. The ability to represent Jellysmack in front of partners and external stakeholders.
Problem Solving & Organizational Skills:
● Strong organizational skills with effective prioritization and the ability to work independently.
● Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a flexible approach to work.
● Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
● Ability to work with ambiguity and make things happen.
Our “Work from Anywhere” philosophy:
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and / or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti. Our partnership with
The Jellysmack difference:
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort.
We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Currently home to over 500 influential Creators, including Brad Mondo, Bailey Sarian, and Emmymade, Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (“Beauty Studio”), soccer (“Oh My Goal”), gaming (“Gamology”), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators can stay focused on their passion—creating the best content and entertaining fans around the world. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!