We're disrupting the insurance industry with our SaaS platform Renew, which insurers use to build mathematical models to make complex pricing decisions, modelling the answer to questions such as:
- What are the chances that SpaceX's next launch will fail?; and
- What are the chances of Kanye West cancelling his sell-out tour?
Renew is self-serve - allowing insurance professionals to login to our development platform and build their models in a faster, more accurate way, enabling users to reduce the industry-standard time to deployment of two weeks down to just 30 minutes - and we've literally proven this in a live demo! This industry had not seen much innovation up until very recently so our opportunity here is unrivalled.
Having already proven our solution in the market with large enterprise accounts, signing multi-year, seven-figure partnerships, the mission is to help hx grow to a billion dollar valued software company through new client acquisition and growth.
Sales @ hx
We had an immensely successful 2021 - winning flagship clients which included Aviva and one of the "Big 5" US insurers. These deals have seen us more than triple our ARR. Having now established our Sales and Marketing teams, we've achieved a huge amount and this is a testament to our product and its market fit. We are now looking to build an experienced sales team so we can make the most of and really capitalise on this opportunity - our first AE joined in Q4 2021 and quickly exceeded expectations and we have two further AE’s joining next month!
As our Enterprise SDR, you will be reporting into the VP of Sales. Simon Lappin has a track record of taking a nascent company to the next stage of revenue growth, while building teams of brilliant, fun & overachieving people. You will receive fantastic training and onboarding into the world of sales within an insurtech and develop your commercial acumen daily. You will be working within a high growth division at hx with the opportunity for quick progression as we are looking to invest in someone and their career.
While we've already had so much success in 2021, we are even more excited and confident about 2022.
Note: hx is still a relatively early-stage business, and our culture prizes initiative highly. As such this section is a good indicator of your role, but the list isn’t exhaustive. The right candidates will seize the opportunity to build and grow their own portfolio of prospects and customers.
- With a winning confidence and innate enthusiasm for a job well done, you will cater to our prospective clients and existing customers using our proven strategies for marketing our Renew solution via email, calls, and social media.
- Establish rapport and build relationships via phone, email, events and other sales & marketing tools to contact potential customers to generate interest in Renew.
- Be a leader and valued contributor to the sales team to generate meetings with new potential customers and contribute to pipeline growth.
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Leverage provided tools and technology to track activities and drive engagement including Salesforce CRM, LinkedIn and others that will allow you to be successful in your role.
- Collaborate with management on meeting company-wide goals and targets.
- Build an understanding of the subject matter, our product - Renew - and the insurance sector in general, through our carefully designed onboarding process and with our full support!
- Establish relationships within hx, with the core teams who will be critical to your success including Customer & Product teams
- Learn our internal systems including CRM so that you can start to build out territory plans and track sales activities
If you're the right fit for this role, you will be able to show clear evidence that you are:
- A self-starter with the ability to own / drive your own territory and initiatives for success
- Independent & unusually proactive
- Someone who delivers on commitments - sets yourself ambitious goals and achieves them
- Highly data-driven and results-oriented
- A person who has intrinsically high standards - you will set the standard in your team
- Unwaveringly enthusiastic - because being first to do this in an industry can be challenging!!
- A team player and able to engage and work with the wider hx team - we win and fail as a team
- A good listener - someone who can take on feedback and respond to what the audience wants
- Organised and a good planner - able to manage engagements with multiple stakeholders in parallel
- Persistent and confident in your approach (but without ever being arrogant!)
Experience and skills
- Min. 2/3 years’ experience with new customer acquisition (cold calling, appointment setting)
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- Experienced talking to C-level decision makers and understand their challenges
- Experienced with objection handling
- A high level of self-motivation and creativity
- Resilient and can deal professionally and effectively with the pressure to succeed
- Have an independent, committed and goal-oriented way of working
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry is an advantage but not critical. Training will be provided.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + very staff-friendly EMI share options
- £5,000 annual learning & development allowance
- Private healthcare (inc. dental) insurance through Vitality
- Enhanced pension scheme through Penfold
- 33 days annual leave (inc. public holidays)
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, mechanical keyboards, screens, etc)
- Regular remote hackathons, lunch & learns, socials and games nights
- Team breakfasts and lunches, snacks, drinks fridge, fun office @ The Ministry
- Huge opportunity for personal development and mastery as we grow together
- Annual team trip somewhere warm!
Diversity @ hx
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is. We are not yet where we want to be in terms of balance, but it is our mission to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we are working hard towards that goal.
If you like the sound of this role but you’re not totally sure whether you’re the right fit – please apply anyway and we’ll let you know either way. Remember: you miss every shot you don’t take! Apply now