GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to connect with the best things to do wherever they’re headed — including skip-the-line tickets to the world’s most iconic attractions, walking tours by top local experts, immersive food and beverage tours, cooking and craft classes, bucket-list experiences, and niche offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 30 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 600 travel experts and technologists, the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
GetYourGuide’s legal team is passionate about our business and our customers. With legal team presence in Berlin, New York and Zurich, we enable the organization as trusted and pragmatic partners in a fast paced environment. Our team finds practicable and innovative solutions for complex problems, manages legal risks and promotes integrity.
You are a lawyer with an interest and focus on commercial contracts and at the same time the regulatory aspects of operating an internet platform business, especially data protection. This gives you the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our business and exposure to direct negotiations with key international stakeholders. Negotiating with often high profile counterparts like world-class museums and tourist attractions allows us to bring the very best experiences to our customers. In addition, you also cover the distribution-side of our business, where we partner with large distribution partners, like for example airlines. Finally, you are also part of the team ensuring compliance with data protection and other regulatory requirements.
The legal team is multidisciplinary and comprises specialists with great experience in different fields of law and from different backgrounds. Serving our business flexibly, we often also work on topics outside of our core specialty. You will be able to count on amazing, highly motivated colleagues who truly enjoy working together and are eager to learn from each other. The position offers variety and opens up attractive opportunities for personal development and growth within a fast moving environment. We enable you to work independently while giving you every support and opportunity to learn and grow on the job.
This role is based in Berlin with flexible working options.
- Focus on national and international commercial contracts, including key attractions and suppliers as well as distribution partners
- Review and negotiate a wide range of other legal contracts, including sales and distribution agreements, services and partnerships, real estate leases, licenses
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the business and excellent relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Support with global scaling projects while responding to legal questions and driving the projects according to business needs
- Develop and apply expertise in data protection and other regulatory aspects of the business
- Contribute to process improvements and and training programmes
- Full legal qualifications or alternative qualifications for in-house lawyers with excellent results
- English and German fluent
- 2+ years of post-graduate work experience in an international law firm and/or new economy business with substantial exposure to commercial/e-commerce/contractual and regulatory topics
- Foundational knowledge of and affinity to new technology and platform business
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Intercultural competence and ideally experience from working abroad
- Experience in negotiating commercial agreements combined with business mindedness and pragmatism
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Passion for personal growth, teamwork, travel and delivering for our customers
- Work at a European tech unicorn with an international team from over 60 nationalities
- Virtual stock options make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing the products for yourself
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station, available for use in a hybrid setting
- Personal Growth is one of our key values, we live this through an annual learning allowance, structured growth plans, our GetYourGuide learning platform GrowthHub, regular feedback, and transparency
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application. Apply now