Nexthink ACT combines powerful custom data retrieval and remediation capabilities, enabling our customers to proactively solve employee issues in a simple, reliable, and automated manner.
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be leading is essential to Nexthink ACT – it is called the Endpoint Remote Actions team. Our engineers work to:
- understand the needs of our customers in terms of end-point incident and problem management, as well as data retrieval to better support their end-users
- work on the development of remote actions: efficient and robust automation scripts that achieve the above needs
- ensure the remote actions will run predictably on the systems of the millions of employees our customers have, running both Windows and macOS
- ensure everything fits well into the overall context of the Nexthink platform
As a Software Engineer in Test in the Endpoint Remote Actions team, you will:
- Participate in the definition of each feature, making sure we always start with a clear set of acceptance criteria that leads to a concise test plan
- Work on building the foundation of the test automation framework for this purpose, and in line with the existing design of the other Endpoint teams
- Create tests on top of the test automation framework to validate the above assumptions
- Own and develop the pipelines that currently help us have a solid CI / CD system
- Decisively pitch in to improve the strategy for test automation, performance, and regression testing
- Go through all the steps to ensure we ship a quality product for our clients
- Run investigations for the issues that show up (from internal testing or from customer support) to help smooth down the path to fixing them
Our QA engineers are excited to take on broad and non-conventional approaches, challenging the status-quo. They constantly come up with ideas that they prototype, put in production and supervise their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance and security that are part of our DNA.