Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts; enabling development teams, worldwide, to play, encode and analyse video simply, efficiently and in the highest quality imaginable. We have been honoured to receive an Emmy Technology & Engineering Award, a testament of our relentless focus on innovation and improving our solutions and services for our customers.
We are a collection of dreamers, doers, innovators, and academics, discontent with the status quo. Come join a team of like minded individuals - be part of the adaptive video streaming revolution and help shape the future of video through technology innovations.
Bitmovin is looking for an exceptional junior lawyer to join its award-winning legal team in a new role. This role will report directly to the General Counsel and be the first expansion hire of the team in EMEA. The American Lawyer ranks Bitmovin as one of its Best Legal Departments.
As our primary legal lead in EMEA, you will review, interpret and translate legal requirements and effectively communicate these to the business and external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience in a varied, international and fast-paced software house.
As the Legal Counsel we are looking for you to:
- Provide counseling, leadership, and support all functions in Bitmovin on a wide variety of general legal matters, with a focus on operations in EMEA: Sales, Finance, HR, Engineering, and Product.
- Manage outside counsel and other consultants in Europe.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements (SaaS agreements, MSAs, NDAs, DPAs)
- Assist in the development of intellectual property, including licensing and drafting patent applications.
- Provide advice on data privacy/GDPR and security issues .
- Continually improve our processes, playbooks, workflows, and efficiency of operations.
- Manage technology solutions and work closely with IT on end-to-end project management and associated change management. Ensure ongoing system administration, communications, and training.
- Law degree from an accredited university (LLB/LLM/JD).
- Qualified or Part-Qualified legal professional.
- Relevant experience as an in-house lawyer in a legal department of a company or in the commercial/high tech department of a major law firm.
- Experience in technology related agreements and SaaS, especially dealing with sales transactions.
- Experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience providing practical business advice.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and operate independently.
It would be great if you have:
- SME for different EU/APAC legal frameworks (including but not limited to UK, Germany, Austria etc).
- International B2B/enterprise software sales experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple matters and conflicting priorities, while balancing legal and business concerns
- Hands-on experience with legal technology tools and applications; (ie Ironclad, Workflows for Slack, Josef, and Salesforce).
- Experience working across teams, cultures, and disciplines.
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function.
- “People First” Culture
- Remote, Hybrid, Flexible working environment
- Permanent, Contract, PT employment options
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Competitive salary
- Working from home bonus
- Customer subscription bonus
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee in one of our open spaced offices
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
At Bitmovin we sincerely believe in the value that true diversity brings to a company. We diligently ensure our business, our people, our language and our actions do not discriminate against differences in race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, education, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and neurodiversity. Diversity is a part of our company character, thus we strive for the inclusion of diverse thought leadership to enhance the capability and uniqueness of our company proposition and culture. We launched our DEI group, the Tiger Team, to enhance our Diversity, Equality & Inclusivity agenda; bringing individuality to the forefront of our culture.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bitmovin will happily consider qualified candidates returning to the workforce after a period of familycare, home work, or other interesting adventure or detour.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired. Apply now