The first line Risk & Compliance function executes processes to mitigate financial crime risks to Modulr relating to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions, and Anti-bribery & Corruption. This role is focussed on developing a structured approach to first line quality assurance work combined with a training and accreditation program.
People capability forms a key element of the Modulr approach and this role will provide a framework to ensure our teams get the right support and training which can be evidenced and the assessed through the testing of outcomes
Day to day tasks include:
- Maintain and develop a training program to support the team from induction to ongoing development.
- Work with colleagues in the operation and second and third line to embed a first line quality assurance plan to assess the outcome of the work.
- Use the outcomes of testing to develop training plans at a team, individual and organisational level to address root cause issues
- Maintain an interest in training strategies and approaches working with colleagues involved in learning and development
- Have an active interest in Financial Crime trends and how regulation evolves to ensure training content is robust and processes are developed
- You are passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to achieve the goals of the financial crime team and wider business.
- You are excited about the prospect of supporting colleagues in financial crime operations to achieve great outcomes and enjoy interacting and working with colleagues.
- You are structured and organised and able to handle the competing pressures of tasks and recognise the importance of record keeping and action plan delivery.
- You are comfortable working in an early-stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You are analytical and inquisitive by nature.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently when required in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You have a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime prevention within this sector.
Skills and experience we are interested in:
- Experience of working in a Financial Crime Operations team ideally with a focus on training and/or quality assurance.
- Awareness of the regulatory landscape Modulr operates within and a specific focus on financial crime regulations
- Use of industry guidance material from FATF/JMLSG
- ICA qualifications (or equivalent)
- Strong data management and record keeping experience.
- Strong stakeholder management
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the business payments sector – which moves $130trn annually. And businesses are no longer tolerating the slow, inefficient, and costly infrastructure provided by legacy institutions. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first services to enable modern business to eliminate historic hidden inefficiencies and build fast-to-market products on top of our award-winning payments platform.
Modulr was one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Start-ups to work for in the UK (2019) and was more recently recognised as a 2020 UK Best Workplace in May 2020.
We were awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh, and Dublin
- We have processed over 25 million transactions with a value of £30 billion of business payments to date.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working