Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world's most talented video creators on social media. We're an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
As the Senior Manager of Customer Insights at Jellysmack you’ll be responsible for overseeing the execution of all quantitative and qualitative research aimed at delivering ‘voice of the customer’ intelligence to the business. Your work will be vital to informing marketing & sales strategies, product development & positioning, pricing, new business development, go-to-market campaigns, and other acquisition, retention, and corporate initiatives. You will help marketers, product development teams, rev ops teams, sales teams, and others across the company base decisions on research-backed data points that are richly informed by direct customer feedback. You will own the discovery and communication of customer insights to help the company build a strong portfolio of products and inform our innovation pipeline to deliver growth.
You will build and lead an in-house center of excellence within Global Marketing that serves cross-functional partners by conducting, measuring, and analyzing first-party research to provide a deep and accurate understanding of existing and prospective customer motivation, needs, and satisfaction. You will be responsible for monitoring brand health, awareness, and opinion, as well as benchmarking the brand against its key competitors around the world, through in-house research efforts and the use of external firms.
You will act as a partner to the company’s Data and Market Insights teams as well as to the Strategic Insights teams to identify emerging customer trends, user preferences, and opportunities for product innovation. You will play a key role in shaping our product positioning, pricing, and channel management strategies to ensure well-defined user journeys and help prevent channel conflicts.
You will be responsible for assisting in the ideation of compelling case studies that articulate our differentiation and value, you and will help establish shared definitions and metrics for success to improve customer experience. You will play a pivotal role in sharing findings and making customer insights accessible and intelligible across the organization.
You will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders of the organization including, but not limited to, Data/Analytics, Creator Partnerships/Sales, Creator Success (account management), Strategic Insights, Product Development, Brand Marketing, CRM, Operations, Sales Enablement, Finance/Revenue Operations, and our internal IT teams. You’ll be tasked with fostering strong relationships across the organization to steward your programs through to completion. Further, you will play a key role in vetting and leading external agencies for first-party research.
Given the highly strategic nature of this role, qualified candidates must have 12+ years of consumer research experience and proven quantitative measurement skills. This candidate must be an exceptionally strong communicator who is able to translate data findings into actionable business plans. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic self-starter with extremely high operational acumen and an entrepreneurial itch to make a big impact in a growing organization.
- Lead the Consumer Insights function at Jellysmack and serve as our “customer advocate” guiding brand and portfolio strategies
- Responsible for all consumer research; lead the development of all qualitative and quantitative projects to gain insights informing brand strategy, positioning, sales/retention strategies, and innovation
- Lead survey design and manage external vendors to measure Brand Awareness and Opinion
- Optimize NPS measurement with existing customers and partner with our Success Team in the development of action plans for improvement based on findings; Rollout NPS measurement to customers of new products
- Lead & develop best practices for the company’s customer panels; shape survey development, frequency & methodology
- Lead qualitative focus group research to secure input from existing and prospective customers
- Partner with the Strategic Insights team on the use of Tubular Data for benchmarking and serve as the day-to-day manager of the marketing account relationship with the vendor
- Collect and assess data to support the CRM Marketing function in defining customer personas and audience segments; assist CRM in building frameworks for lead scoring & grading
- Leverage social listening tools to monitor sentiment; develop action plans and escalations paths for topics that could impact brand reputation
- Support the Content Marketing in the creation of data-centric articles for SEO
- Lead opportunities for custom research and white papers for thought leadership
- Manage all research vendors for Customer Insights
Key characteristics of this candidate:
The right person for this role is a highly accomplished executive with broad experience across all aspects of qualitative and quantitative customer research ranging from focus group development, to brand awareness tracking, and data-driven conjoint analysis and max-diff study development.
You are highly experienced in navigating cross-functional relationships within and outside an organization. You have exceptional communication and organizational skills and are able to manage and develop teams across different time zones and with different cultural perspectives.
- 9+ years of relevant experience required, with a focus on consumer research at a leading global company
- 3+ years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business with a Marketing or Research concentration, or related field
- Deep understanding of marketing research and data analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the confidence to serve as a spokesperson
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to prioritize, make challenging decisions, devise solutions, disseminate information to key stakeholders, and bring about a timely resolution
- Exceptional supervisory management and team-building skills
- A passion for the creator economy, media, entertainment, and technology
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort. We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Creatives ourselves, we’re home to over 550 influential creators, including Derek Deso, Karina Garcia, Brad Mondo, MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, and Patrick Starrr. Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators stay focused on their passion—creating the best content for their global fan bases. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent! Apply now