Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world's most talented video creators on social media. We're an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
Our job is to take numbers and turn them into reasons to celebrate! Data drives everything we do at Jellysmack and is thus essential to the company. Data is at the heart of our success, and it drives the content we create and how we edit videos so we can optimize everything we publish. Everyone on our team is capable of going above and beyond the call of duty. Our goal is to gather and analyze data to help the company grow. Do you have what it takes to be part of our team?
The Data Products’ tribe supports the entirety of the company on the journey to a data mesh data architecture. Composed of various data profiles (Data Engineer, Data Quality Engineer, Data Governance, Back-end developer, Data Analytics Engineer), the tribe builds data products and works closely with business teams to enable them to build their own within a governance framework.
In a squad of the Data product tribe, your main mission will be to define the scope and specify the data products you are managing by giving sharp boundaries to them.
You will be accountable on the why, the what and the prioritization of these data products requiring you to perfectly understand the value of data and shape data products that perfectly fit in the global data mesh. Your strong knowledge in data will make you comfortable with the role of the different profiles composing the squad and the landscape of data use cases that can be handled by data products. You will then sharply specify the whole data pipeline, from collection to exposition, and taking into account expected performance, quality & SLAs. This requires you to fully understand the data lifecycle, have advanced notions in ETL process, data modelization, security, data architectures and cloud infrastructures.
As the guardian of the roadmap, you will ensure to always be aligned with the business vision and give visibility in and out the tribe. You will manage the roadmap so that it always delivers top valuable data products to Jellysmack.
Last but not the least, you will be part of the acceptance process ensuring the highest quality of the squad deliveries !
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing Data Products within a dedicated domain, from the initial concept, to designing, development as well as promotion, and adoption. The data product manager will be responsible for maintaining data product roadmaps, requirements, and moving the data products forward in terms of features and stories.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Define a shared vision of the data domain roadmap and maintain it aligned with Jellysmack’s strategy
- Lead workshops with business and data owners related to your squad’s domain and asses their needs
- Refine the needs, logged them as user-stories and define with the team the best strategies to serve the business
- Deeply specify the features, pipelines, ETL jobs and data outcomes
- Estimate and plan, with the squad, the development of user stories
- Animate agile comitology and report on project progression and alerts
- Perform acceptance testing of data products and organize final acceptance with the stakeholders
- Optimize team velocity
A little about you:
- Ideally, you are a former data tech profile that became product manager
- You are fluent in agile methodology. Agile at scale means something for you and you are experienced with the role of product owner. Bonus : you have an agile certification (scrum PO, agile PM, Safe …)
- Strong ability to pivot complex problems in simple products
- You are a data geek and have 3+ years of experience in data projects (Dataviz, BI, big data project, data platform, …) in a technology-led environment.
- You are experienced in preparing synthetic reporting on your projects and deliver ready to trade off scenarii.
- You are able to drive workshops and committees with various populations as techs, business analysts, VP, C-Level …
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English
- XP 5-8 years
Our “Work from jellywhere” philosophy:
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and / or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
Nota bene: your residence must be in the country in which you are applying
Perks at Jellysmack:
- Clubs (cooking, art, talks, sports)
- Wellness (fitness, yoga, meditation)
- Healthcare coverage
The Jellysmack difference:
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort.
We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Currently home to 600+ influential Creators, including Brad Mondo, Bailey Sarian, and Emmymade, Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (“Beauty Studio”), soccer (“Oh My Goal”), gaming (“Gamology”), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators can stay focused on their passion—creating the best content and entertaining fans around the world. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent! Apply now