Zwift was established in 2014 as a tech business, and we are now expanding and are in the process of launching a number of at-home fitness products that we will manufacture and deliver directly to customers all over the world from our three Warehouses (US, EU and UK). This is a big and exciting change for us, and because of this, we are looking to build a global Supply Chain team.
The primary role of the Inbound Ocean Coordinator will be ensuring that our products are imported on time from suppliers across the globe. We have high ambitions and will be growing quickly, so that is no easy thing to master! Based in the US, you will be working closely with our freight forwarding partners, the team based in Asia and our US warehouses to ensure our products are received on time, with the required documentation to breeze through the US customs.
What you’ll do:
A sense of urgency and attention to detail:
Receiving the stock at the warehouses on time will be critical for the business and with a number of shipping lines and freight forwarders to handle at the same time you will need to be a champion at staying on top and keeping track of every shipment, reporting any potential delay or issue to the team in real time.
You will have a strong relationship with the parties involved to make sure you are always in the loop and will build and update a reporting system/tracker that will ensure you and the team have 100% visibility of the shipments at all times.
You are able to see every issue as an opportunity to make the shipment flow better and to improve the on time performance. You are able to think through lateness and issues, identifying best practices that can assist in resolving the current problem and the future ones. You are able to organize the information coming in and tempestively share it with the team. It would be a big plus if you had already worked with Freight Forwarders before and know what are their typical weaknesses, strengths and how to handle situations with them.
This opportunity is for you if:
- You love the bustling and fast moving environment of the sea freight logistics
- You are known for your follow through and thoroughness
- You love getting things done and being in control of the process
- You have the flexibility that working with different teams and players around the world requires but at the same time you are highly organized and methodical
- You are creative and can think outside the box
- Ensure careful and timely execution of importing and clearing finished products from our global suppliers into our US warehouse
- Work closely with our team based in China and the freight forwarding partners to make sure that the inbound shipments arrive at the right place at the right time
- Be the main point of contact with our freight forwarders to ensure on-time deliveries, while proactively managing service failures, issues and delays
- Collaborate with our warehouses to coordinate inbound shipments and help improve operational efficiencies and inbound performance
- Keep up with industry updates, trends and insights and continuously find ways to augment our service
- Create and maintain reports tracking key metrics and regularly report out to the team
- Ensure that all required import paperwork meets standards for customs clearance and is submitted in a timely manner
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years in a logistics role, managing the import of products from Asia to the US
- Experience with third party logistics providers
- Understanding of global shipping requirements and practices
- Experience with managing the required paperwork to receive products from China
- Basic local regulatory knowledge for compliance
- Natural problem solver
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills and team work focus
- Ability to work in a stressful, team oriented, and fast-paced environment and with colleagues in global locations - UK, EU, North America and Asia
- Experience within the consumer electronics, electrical or mechanical manufacturing industry
- Experience working 3PL - third party logistics companies
- Experience with Netsuite ERP
- Fluent in Mandarin/Cantonese/Shanghainese
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.