At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Domino PHaM (Publish, Host and Monitor) team’s mission is to build out a best in class platform for publishing, hosting and monitoring of machine learning models. We have ambitious goals to allow models to be published anywhere, hosted locally in an enterprise grade environment with a focus on performance, scalability and observability, and have those models analyzed for a variety of quality metrics including model degradation and data drift.
What your impact will be
As a Senior Frontend Engineer within the PHaM (Publish, Host and Monitor) team, you’ll be working on a team to build out our publishing, hosting and monitoring of machine learning models. We have ambitious goals to allow models to be published anywhere, hosted locally in a production grade environment with proper observability and scalability, and analyzed for a variety of quality metrics using patent-pending algorithms.
If you're a Frontend Engineer with serious tech chops, we have exciting challenges for you tackle. Our platform is constantly evolving and expanding. We have recently completed a migration to Kubernetes and are now undertaking a large overhaul of our User Experience and UI, while adding many new features to make the product more intuitive and support a greater number of use cases.
What We Look For in This Role
- Frontend architecture, design, and frameworks, and test principles
- Ability and passion to grok user workflows. Understand how data science works.
- Interact with product managers and UX designers to understand product requirements
- Demonstrated track record of solving deeply complex challenges
- Our stack is React and Node but we do a little legacy Scala Play as well that we are deprecating. Ideally we'd like someone who's highly experienced with React and comfortable with our backend stack, but we're also open to great engineers who can quickly learn new technologies.
- Extensive experience with React and Node highly preferred
- ES6 and CSS expertise with a good understanding of cross-client compatibility issues
- TypeScript experience a plus
- JVM, Linux, AWS, Kubernetes experience a plus
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.