At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Domino PHaM (Publish, Host and Monitor) team’s mission is to build out a best in class platform for publishing, hosting and monitoring of machine learning models. We have ambitious goals to allow models to be published anywhere, hosted locally in an enterprise grade environment with a focus on performance, scalability and observability, and have those models analyzed for a variety of quality metrics including model degradation and data drift.
What your impact will be
As an Engineering Manager you will lead an engineering team to build large initiatives for the PHaM (Publish, Host and Monitor) team. You’ll work closely with the product managers to prioritize, estimate, and drive initiatives. You will work with the architects and senior engineers to drive the direction of the projects. You’ll be working with our quality engineers to validate that all the software we produce is of the highest quality. You will be a mentor and a force multiplier for the engineers on the team.
What We Look For in This Role
- 2+ Years of previous management experience
- 8+ Years of experience as an IC
- Previous history of building well crafted and scalable software as an IC
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of people, including engineers, product managers, designers, quality engineers, and documentation writers
- Ideally experience with our tech stack of Kubernetes/Docker, Scala/Python/Go, React, Typescript, Spark, MongoDB, RabbitMQ.
- Expected 70/30 management vs hands on
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.