No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we're on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy's technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 300 Higher Education institutions in 28 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $13M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, and our recent success, means that we need to scale. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
What you'll be doing…
- Collaborating with your squad, designers, product owners, and engineers to define the future of the product.
- Refine ideas and designs with your squad until they are ready to be picked up for development.
- Improve our product suite by developing new features or fixing existing issues.
- Optimising existing code, process, infrastructure and continuous integration
- Push amazing code to production!
About our Engineers
- We collaborate. We program in pairs to complete sprint objectives as a team.
- We think big and act fast to solve real-world problems.
- We make the leap. We focus on personal development, learn, ask questions, apply what we discover.
- We listen up and speak out. We have a constant feedback loop and adapt.
- We work in a fast-moving agile environment. Our tech stack is ReactJS, Node, Typescript, MongoDB and Cypress.
This might be for you if…
- You have a passion for solving real-world problems.
- You have 3+ years experience as an engineer and are looking to take your career to the next level.
- Have experience developing backend code in common frameworks such as Flask, Express.
- Have knowledge of static typings (eg: typescript).
- You enjoy building responsive and accessible React Applications.
- Are eager to learn new technologies and best practices, as well as to share anything new you learn within the squad or wider tech team.
Perks and Benefits
- Stock options
- Personal development budget of $800 per year to be used for courses, books, conferences
- 25 days paid leave and unlimited sick leave, annually
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance
- 2 weeks personal project time each year
- Options for child care support, fitness and internet stipend
- Work from home set up with MacBook Pro and additional monitor(s)
- Bi-annual transparent appraisals based on performance
Who we are
If you’ve made it this far you probably already know a bit about us but here’s a reminder of what makes Unibuddy a great place to work!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We’re made for higher-ed marketers and recruiters. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform can amplify their institution's voice to support their recruitment, admissions, and retention efforts.
We rock! Our customers love us. We’re available worldwide, own 95% of the UK market, and work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries. It’s our people that make us successful, We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for b Apply now