You will be working in a tight-knit, high-quality function, with the experience to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market, to support the rapid delivery and scalability of new functionality – enabling the adding of new services for clients and helping the business to scale.
Joining Modulr’s DevOps function, you’ll support our high availability and resilient payments platform ensuring we exceed the SLAs for our systems. In this varied role you’ll be involved in all aspects of site reliability engineering from investigation and diagnosis right through to resolution. You’ll maintain and extend our internal automation, manage internal systems and support squads as needed and participate in an on-call rota with the rest of the function as required.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the payments sector. We’re in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
- Established in London in January 2016, we opened our Edinburgh office in 2018 and our Dublin office in 2019 as part of expansion plans into Europe.
- We processed over 40 million transactions and a value of £100 billion of business payments and process over 8 million transactions per month.
- We’re a fintech scale-up, the challenges you’ll face at Modulr are exciting and everyone is focused on growth.
- We're award winning and want to keep creating a world class product. Recent awards include Best B2B Payments Programme and Best Technical Organisation supporting Emerging Payments at the Emerging Payments Awards 2018, Technology Award and International Payments Provider Award at The Rewards 2018, Alternative Consumer Lender of the Year with Salary Finance at The Lending Awards 2018.
- You’ll be part of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all passionate team. We would like you to display these same attributes and display proven knowledge about cloud and automation, systems administration, infrastructure management.
- You'll thrive here when working on problems from identification to resolution and looking to automate to solve any recurring tasks or issues.
- You’re comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis.
- You enjoy positively challenging the way things are done and want to join a business that is focused on constantly improving.
- You have well thought-out opinions about how technologies and toolsets can be used to create elegant solutions and are happy sharing these.
- You care about the quality and integrity of the outputs from your team and want to work with people who care.
- You can find the right balance of speed and accuracy when prioritising and take responsibility for seeing things through to a high standard.
Skills and experience we’re interested in
- Experience working with 24x7 high availability platforms.
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience delivering infrastructure as code
- Experience automating monitoring of platforms using APIs / webhooks
- Experience automating / maintaining CI/CD pipelines in a Linux, Apache, Java, PostgresSQL stack
- Microservices architecture – containers experience a bonus