Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
- Ranked 42 in Deloitte’s 2021 UK Technology Fast 50 companies
- Ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Recently closed $108 million Series C funding led by General Atlantic
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- We have processed over 135m transactions to date with a value in excess of £90 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Interim Head of People Operations to cover maternity leave in team for up to 9 months fixed term contract. Reporting into Chief Operating Officer to manage the People Operations team which consists of 1 Senior Operations Manager, 2x People Partners and have responsibility for the broader team. Working closely with the Head of Employee Engagement and Internal Communications, Head of Talent Acquisition and Head of Learning and Development to implement the company’s People agenda.
- Lead, and grow a high-performing team of People Partner experts providing proactive support to managers across the business including our colleagues in Europe. As well as having people partnering responsibility for some areas of the business.
- Create close, effective relationships with Executive leadership team and their teams, acting as a trusted people advisor to identify and achieve shared objectives.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to determine company people initiatives and how to execute the plans. Ensuring that the company is responding to feedback from colleagues (such as Exit survey, engagement survey, manager feedback).
- Responsibility for annual performance management cycle, pay reviews, and promotion process.
- Work with our Senior Operations manager to ensure that annual benchmarking process is complete, review of subscriptions/systems, benefits as well as up to date Policies and procedures.
- Ownership for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives across the company working with colleagues in the Engagement team and Learning and Development.
- Ensuring that people analytics are accurate and available for senior management.
Education & Experience
- We value knowledge and experience - and so are more interested in finding out about your skills and expertise than your academic qualifications!
- Experience in a similar role leading an HR/People function is required.
- Experience of working in a scale up environment of an advantage.
- Understanding of the entire Talent Life Cycle is essential, from initial hiring to senior leader development and the key processes and governance within the cycle
- Strong, commercial People professional with a hands on, pragmatic approach.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ideally have experience in financial services, professional services or scale up business
- A good knowledge of general HR and employment law policies and best practice. Knowledget of European employment law of an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and superb attention to detail is a must!
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Capacity to work efficiently and stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and always maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work independently and problem solve effectively.
- A flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT literacy (Microsoft Office, Excel, HR systems)
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays and a day off for birthday)
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working