Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyber protection for everyone, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for...
We want somebody with a real passion of defending the cyberworld. You’ll be part of a team providing professional cybersecurity services for Malwarebytes customers, helping to defend and remediate against all manner of cyber threats. It’s more than a job, it’s a mission.
Malwarebytes MDR Analysts detect, contain, and remediate advanced threats to protect our customers. MDR analysts are primarily focused on real-time incident detection, validation, remediation, and reporting.
The MDR Analyst – Tier 2 is a seasoned technical member of the MDR Delivery team, serving as a primary escalation point for Tier 1 Analysts, and acting as shift supervisors in the absence of Senior Managers or Tier 3 Analysts.
What You’ll Do:
- Support 24/7/365 Managed Detection and Response efforts:
- Monitor and analyze log data and/or alerts generated by Malwarebytes security technologies in real-time; escalate and report validated security incidents to our customers.
- Investigate and validate alerts.
- Handle incidents as defined in playbooks and standard operating procedures and advise our customers on remediation actions.
- Serve as an escalation point for Tier 1 personnel for complex issues.
- Escalate extremely difficult or complex issues to more experienced staff, as appropriate.
- Prepare incident reporting for customers outlining the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
- Provide peer/supervisory review for incident reporting, as appropriate.
- Assist in creation and refining of playbooks and standard operating procedures for MDR Analysts.
- Train and mentor junior MDR team members.
- Maintain expert knowledge of current cyber threat actor tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Manage and track customer issues and requests.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Support the Malwarebytes product development team by providing input to continuously improve our products.
- Partner with cross-functional technical teams to share expertise, research threats, and implement solutions.
- Compile and document observed threat activity for use by Malwarebytes intelligence analysts.
- Handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 5+ years of work experience performing MDR, MSSP, or similar services in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to be self-directed, taking initiative and executing tasks independently.
- Ability to mentor and supervise junior MDR team members.
- Expert understanding of computer security principles and the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
- Expert knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux environments.
- Strong understanding of network protocols coupled with experience with web proxies, web application firewalls, and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Strong knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection.
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and collaborative attitude, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience/Expertise with SOAR tools highly desired.
- Applicable Industry Certifications, such as:
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Security Operations Certified (GSOC)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- Advanced Degree or Academic Certificate in computer security related field.
- Endpoint detection product experience.
- Experience and knowledge of public cloud environments, specifically AWS and Azure.
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)