Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyber protection for everyone, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for...
We want somebody with a real passion of defending the cyberworld. You’ll be part of a team providing professional cybersecurity services for Malwarebytes customers, helping to defend and remediate against all manner of cyber threats. It’s more than a job, it’s a mission.
The Malwarebytes MDR team detects, contains, and remediates advanced threats to protect our customers. Our MDR analysts are primarily focused on real-time incident detection, validation, remediation, and reporting.
The MDR Team Lead / Manager - Ireland, along with their counterparts for U.S. West and U.S. East, is responsible for managing all aspects of global MDR service delivery, including supervision of day-to-day MDR operations. This role will focus on the EMEA MDR Delivery Team, based out of Ireland.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise 24/7/365 Managed Detection and Response delivery:
- Supervise MDR personnel.
- Ensure daily shift coverage for 24/7/365 operations.
- Serve as a technical lead and escalation point for lower-level MDR personnel for extremely complex issues.
- Provide supervisory review for incident reporting.
- Create, refine, and approve playbooks and standard operating procedures for MDR Analysts.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Establish work plans to meet operational objectives for the MDR organization and ensure execution.
- Develop, modify, and execute planned improvements to MDR Service Delivery.
- Train and mentor MDR team members.
- Maintain expert knowledge of current cyber threat actor tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Handle customer escalations, and resolve or escalate, as appropriate.
- Support the Malwarebytes product development team by providing input to continuously improve our products.
- Partner with cross-functional technical teams to share expertise, research threats, and implement solutions.
- Handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
- Oversee other tasks and projects, as assigned.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 8+ years of work experience performing MDR, MSSP, Incident Response, or similar services.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
- Ability to mentor and supervise MDR team members.
- Expert understanding of computer security principles and the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux environments.
- Strong understanding of network protocols coupled with experience with web proxies, web application firewalls, and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Strong knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection.
- Strong knowledge of common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and collaborative attitude, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and direct efforts effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience/Expertise with SOAR tools highly desired.
- Experience with Incident Response and/or Cyber Intelligence.
- Applicable Industry Certifications, such as:
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Security Operations Certified (GSOC)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Advanced Degree or Academic Certificate in computer security related field.
- Significant Endpoint detection product experience.
- Experience and knowledge of public cloud environments, specifically AWS and Azure.
- Understanding of common project management methodology (Agile, Six Sigma, etc.)
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)