Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
Our team is looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer. Who loves the challenge of building products to solve hard problems. Specifically, the job is to keep and extend the great protection we provide our Mobile customers (as well as we do for our Desktop customers). Malwarebytes is growing rapidly in the mobile space, our Security and Privacy apps protect millions of devices every day. The ideal candidate will have solid experience creating products for Android. We are not looking for coders, who just take tickets from the backlog and push code. We are looking for product engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop next generation of Malwarebytes Android Security application
- Write amazing code, using best practices and the latest technologies
- Ensure you deliver a quality code by writing design documents and unit tests
- Collaborate with Product, UX and Test Engineering to deliver an ambitious roadmap on time and with high quality
- Design and develop key integrations between Malwarebytes systems and products
- Support your fellow team members: mentor, proactively communicate, code review
- Work as a team to ensure everyone meets their goals
- Assist with interviewing and attracting new talent
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4+ years of Android development experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and common design patterns
- Proficiency in Java and Kotlin, common Android architectures and frameworks
- Knowledge of the Android platform and sandboxing
- Architectural mindset – design, present, and implement performant, testable, and maintainable codebase
- Experience working with Git
- Experience in regular code reviews, giving and receiving professional feedback
- UX and user-centric mindset
- You have an instinct for writing tests
- You manage your tasks very well and do a great job of estimating work
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skillsExcellent communication and learning skills
- Positive team attitude
You will get extra credits for:
- Experience in Jetpack Compose.
- Experience with automated testing and CI/CD
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Sports coverage
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, fruit, and lunch options
- Parking Available
- Relocation Assistance Provided