Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
We are looking for a talented Sr. Principal Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team. We are engaged in a constant, escalating fight against malware that plays by no rules. As a result, we face challenges requiring more than just intelligence and technical fluency. Of equal importance are flexibility, independence, a drive to learn new skills, and a creative approach to problem-solving. We’re not looking for people who know all the answers; we want people who can create solutions.
In this role you will help design, create, document, and evangelize best practices, and promote service reliability, resilience, and observability throughout Malwarebytes. You will do this by building infrastructure, optimizing existing systems, and reducing toil through automation.
What You'll Do:
- Deploy, administer, monitor and optimize enterprise cloud applications and networks in AWS.
- Write software to reduce toil, and automate repetitive tasks.
- Create process and deployment automation tools.
- Develop tools to build, deploy, maintain, and monitor systems.
- Evangelize cloud best practices across engineering teams.
- Create comprehensive documentation to a level by which processes are reproducible by others.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in cloud technology and in IT processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our production systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise to engineering teams.
- Help improve our offerings by sharing your vision for the platform.
- Work collaboratively with architecture and development leads to understand needs and provide guidance on technology selection.
- Work with development teams on prototyping.
- Design and enforce governance controls, disaster recovery plans, and business continuity contingencies.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Willing to continually learn new software and teach others.
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Must have an agreeable personality, work well with others, and possess good communication and documentation skills.
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing, deploying and administering complex cloud applications using a wide range of Amazon AWS services.
- Strong scripting or software development skills and eagerness to automate (Terraform, Python, Bash).
- Good understanding of modern micro-services architectures.
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster management, Istio service mesh, and creating and deploying Helm charts.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and how services are built, tested, and deployed.
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals, including networking, file systems, and security best practices.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Excellent knowledge of git best practices.
- Experience working alongside developers to troubleshot production application issues.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities are a must, as are people skills. This position requires an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services or related field (with at least 4 years of production Linux experience). Additional training, technical certification, and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs