Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for a Senior Software Engineer C++ to join our Video Encoding Team. We’re building the Bitmovin Video Encoding service, a massively distributed video encoding system that runs anywhere. The ideal candidate will already have significant programming experience and a strong passion to learn and develop new skills. Our goal is to help you grow and provide you all resources required to be successful in contributing to the team’s success.
As a Senior Software Engineer C++ you will
- Work in a highly motivated team with a strong knowledge sharing and learning culture
- Build and maintain features for our high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable Bitmovin Video Encoding
- Rapidly iterate on features by quickly understanding requirements and producing high-quality software
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product creation through architecture, implementation, and testing
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Write meaningful tests to ensure your code is well tested
It would be great if you have
- Significant experience programming in modern C/C++
- Experience with testing frameworks and strategies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experienced in concurrent programming (multi-threading, multi-process, etc.)
- Linux OS
- Knowledge of classic dev tools (git, CMake, CI/CD, ...)
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
It would be even better if you have
- Knowledge of the latest C++ features (14, 17)
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment (Docker, K8s, etc.)
- Some knowledge about video codecs or streaming technologies (Apple HLS, MPEG-DASH, etc.)
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training and coaching on the job.
Bitmovin’s Worldwide Benefits
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Home Office bonus
- Investment in growth and education
- Subscription to one of our customer’s streaming services
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun company events and team activities (hackathons, summer party, …)
- Free choice of hardware
- Company holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Seasonal gift package (swag)
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin’s Benefits in Austria and Germany
- Additional days off (bridge days)
- Hybrid work (home office / onsite flexibility)
- Sodexo - Lebensmittel Pass Card (Austria)
- Bike leasing (Austria)
- Sponsorship of public transport ticket (Austria)
- Lunch benefit ( Austria)
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices (Vienna, Klagenfurt and Berlin)
At Bitmovin we sincerely believe in the value that true diversity brings to a company. We diligently ensure our business, our people, our language and our actions do not discriminate against differences in race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, education, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and neurodiversity. Diversity is a part of our company character, thus we strive for the inclusion of diverse thought leadership to enhance the capability and uniqueness of our company proposition and culture. We launched our DEI group, the Tiger Team, to enhance our Diversity, Equality & Inclusivity agenda; bringing individuality to the forefront of our culture.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bitmovin will happily consider qualified candidates returning to the workforce after a period of familycare, home work, or other interesting adventure or detour.
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.