At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
We are the Model Develop team. We build daily-use workhorse features like interactive Workspaces, batch Jobs and compute Environment management that allow our users to research, train, and code data science models.
What your impact will be
As a Staff Software Engineer at Domino you will guide architectural and engineering direction and empower engineers to solve our most technical challenges. While you’ll spend half of your time writing code, you’ll spend another quarter of your time working alongside product managers to drive the technical direction and architectural decisions needed to build and scale our product. The balance of your time is as a coach, guiding and developing engineers by setting strong examples, reviewing their code and helping develop their skills.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Build products, systems, and services that have immediate impact on our customers
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Coach and develop engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
What We Look For in This Role
- Minimum of 8 years experience in software engineering
- Prior experience in a technical lead role, with responsibility for architectural decisions and the development of software engineers
- Prior experience with enterprise software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.