We're disrupting the insurance industry with our SaaS platform Renew, which insurers use to build mathematical models to make complex pricing decisions, modelling the answer to questions such as:
- What are the chances that SpaceX's next launch will fail?; and
- What are the chances of Kanye West cancelling his sell-out tour?
Renew is self-serve - allowing insurance professionals to login to our development platform and build their models in a faster, more accurate way, enabling users to reduce the industry-standard time to deployment of two weeks down to just 30 minutes - and we've literally proven this in a live demo! This industry had not seen much innovation up until very recently so our opportunity here is unrivalled.
Sales & Alliances @ hx
We had an immensely successful 2021 - winning flagship clients which included Aviva and one of the "Big 5" US insurers. These deals have seen us more than triple our ARR! Having only recently established our Sales and Marketing teams, we've achieved a huge amount and this is a testament to our product and its market fit.
Having already proven our solution in the market with large enterprise accounts, signing multi-year, seven-figure partnerships, the mission is to help hx grow to a billion dollar valued software company through new client acquisition and growth, with a support of our partner ecosystem. We are now looking for a Business Development / Alliances Manager to help us make the best out of this opportunity.
hx has already established good partner activities and these will continue to become more important and relevant. These partnerships mitigate risks and speed up time-to-market for our clients.
The value of our alliances can be seen in:
- The partnerships we established with our partners such as E&Y, Deloitte, APR and Mulberry Risk are driving significant revenues to these organisations (often multi-million dollar level engagements), through the deployment of Renew into their existing clients
- The partnerships with our technology partners e.g. AWS are driving consumption of AWS cloud commitments or even a new/additional cloud consumption with the deployment of Renew and other cloud services
- The ecosystem of our data, insight and systems partners such as HazardHub, Sanctions Search, Inari, Insurdata and other, where the Renew platform provides an integration and ingestion of real-time data to allow insurers to make better, faster and more informed pricing decisions
You’ll focus on developing and growing the strategic alliances with our key partners. These relationships already exist today but we want to take advantage of the unique position we have in the Insurance Market today.
It will be important to work with a wide range of stakeholders across hx and the partners to develop relationships, design go-to -market strategies and execute them.
The successful candidate will work closely with the VP Sales and VP Customer to grow our newly formed Partnerships and Alliances team at hx and to help the business to support and deliver the alliance sales targets and goals.
Note: hx is still a relatively early-stage business, and our culture prizes initiative highly. As such this section is a good indicator of your role, but the list isn’t exhaustive. The right candidates will seize the opportunity to build and grow their own portfolio of prospects and customers.
- Driving top of funnel activity with our key delivery partners E&Y, Deloitte, APR, Mulberry Risk and key technology partners such as AWS and Renew Connect ecosystem partners
- Identify, recruit and onboard other strategic partners into the hx ecosystem
- Navigating partner sales organisation to drive enablement, build relationships, map accounts
- Driving local joint marketing initiatives with partners
- Providing timely and insightful market feedback to product and engineering teams
- Drive the hx brand into the market, in conjuction, with the Marketing, Product and Learning teams
- Develop an understanding of the subject matter, our product - Renew - through our carefully designed onboarding process and with our full support!
- Build relationships within our existing partner ecosystem and start to identify and track opportunities for hx within these accounts
- Develop internal relationships with core hx teams who will be critical to your success including Customer & Product teams
If you're the right fit for this role, you will be able to show clear evidence that you are:
- A self-starter with the ability to own / drive your own territory and initiatives for success
- Independent & unusually proactive
- Someone who delivers on commitments - sets yourself ambitious goals and achieves them
- Highly data-driven and results-oriented
- A person who has intrinsically high standards - you will set the standard in your team
- Unwaveringly enthusiastic - because being first to do this in an industry can be challenging!!
- A team player and able to engage and work with the wider hx team - we win and fail as a team
- A good listener - someone who can take on feedback and respond to what the audience wants
- Organised and a good planner - able to manage engagements with multiple stakeholders in parallel
- Persistent and confident in your approach (but without ever being arrogant!)
Experience & Skills
- Background within Insurance from a Solution Engineering / Consulting capacity (min 3 years)
- Optional - 2 years of business development experience in an alliances capacity (AWS, Google etc). This is an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Proven quota attainment
- Broad understanding of the Insurance sector (including Speciality Insurance)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + very staff-friendly EMI share options
- £5,000 annual learning & development allowance
- Private healthcare (inc. dental) insurance through Vitality
- Enhanced pension scheme through Penfold
- 33 days annual leave (inc. public holidays)
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, mechanical keyboards, screens, etc)
- Regular remote hackathons, lunch & learns, socials and games nights
- Team breakfasts and lunches, snacks, drinks fridge, fun office @ The Ministry
- Monthly Revenue team socials
- Huge opportunity for personal development and mastery as we grow together
- Annual team trip somewhere warm!
Diversity @ hx
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is. We are not yet where we want to be in terms of balance, but it is our mission to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we are working hard towards that goal.
If you like the sound of this role but you’re not totally sure whether you’re the right fit – please apply anyway and we’ll let you know either way. Remember: you miss every shot you don’t take! Apply now