Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. The company’s Commerce Experience Management (CommerceXM) platform serves as the system of record for products, accelerates time to market for products, facilitates cross-team and cross-organization collaboration at scale, and provides the insights needed to continuously optimize product pages across channels. The result is shopper-centric, frictionless, and memorable commerce experiences. Great commerce experiences that are delivered efficiently improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
In May 2021, Salsify acquired Alkemics, and its Supplier Experience Management platform which is used by large scale retailers in Europe to discover, list, and launch products from more than 20,000 brands.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodations.
For more information, please visit:http://www.salsify.com.
How You'll Make an Impact
At Salsify every day is different but your Engineering Director mission will include:
As the manager of one tribe,
- Be in charge of the smooth running of 3 to 5 squads and the definition and delivery of their OKRs and roadmap with your counterpart from the product team
- Manage and grow engineering managers and senior engineers from your squads, and commit on the development and maintenance of team skills
- Promote, enforce and create the condition for the emergence of best engineering practices while ensuring consistency with the overall technical vision
- Follow up on individuals and team on continuous improvements
- Design solutions as a team, taking into account iteration, scalability, debt creation, development costs
- Implement solutions that are scalable and reliable using cutting edge technologies
As a member of the Executive R&D committee,
- Take accountability of some R&D transversal topics
- Take part in strategic decisions concerning the organization and vision topics of the R&D department
- Be a privileged point of contact for stakeholders of the other departments (professional services, support, customer success...)
As a member of the senior engineering leadership,
- Take ownership of transversal Engineering topics
- Be one of the evangelist and relay of the technical vision
- Participate in engineering pillars (HR, management, tech, finance, ...) topics and define practices and operations.
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or Director
- You are an inspiring manager for engineering managers and senior tech profile (staff/principal)
- You have already built efficient and sustainable autonomous squads
- You use soft power to establish your leadership
- You have an analytical mindset and a strong focus on metrics but you enjoy interacting with others and showing empathy
- You are a strong advocate of software craftsmanship practices and in particular TDD
- You have proven experience in designing and using scalable systems following architecture best practices
- You are a tech leader who is able to leverage technology to produce user and business value
- You have successful experiences with OKRs and enjoy committing and taking accountability
- You are committed to continuous improvement and agile methodologies
Can you work remotely? YES! Our offices are in Paris (WeWork) but we encourage anyone to join our teams at Salsify as long as they are France based. You will have the opportunity to work from home every day and meet your teammates in person on occasion to build a team spirit.
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on the job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and remote offices around the globe. If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
Salsify is committed to an inclusive hiring process, and we aim to provide accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you need any accommodations for the application or throughout the interview process please contact [email protected].