ABOUT THE ROLE
📍 This role is based 2 days a week at our HQ in E1, the other 3 days are up to you!
Please note that this role would be most likely to suit a recent HR grad with some commercial experience (perhaps an internship?), Level 3/5 CIPD or second jobber in a HR/People Admin role
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a HR/People Operations Administrator, to help us achieve this.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- Acting as first point of contact for all people related employee queries
- Ownership of the full employee lifecycle coordination including;
- Employee onboarding - ensuring a pleasant new starter journey whilst maintaining legal compliance of starters joining the business (ongoing management of reference checks using our supplier (Experian), conducting and documenting right to work checks, contract issuing, HR systems set up and induction scheduling)
- Employee changes including; probation tracking, issuing probation letters, coordinating and administering salary increases, flexible working arrangements, parental leave
- Employee exits including; end of employment letters, scheduling and conducting exit interviews, offboarding on systems and liaising with IT to ensure the return of equipment
- Ensuring maintenance of our HR Information System, keeping the system up to date with new changes and acting as the systems superuser and key contact for data reporting for the people team and wider business
- Collate and maintain accurate payroll changes each month and work closely with our Payroll Executive and People Operations Manager to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Help to maintain and develop our Internal Intranet - Grapevine, management of multiple mailboxes and slack channels
- Work closely with the People Operations Manager on key people projects including the implementation of a new HR information and payroll system
- Owning the delivery of all people operations requests from our staff including; new equipment requests, access rights, replacement pass requests etc.
- Supporting the people team with our culture and engagement activities including; coordination of our weekly huddle presentations, supporting running our party socials and Wednesday morning breakfast club, awareness weeks and working with our culture clubs to come up with fun incentives for the business
- Occasional and ad-hoc office management cover including; maintaining the relationship with our building management, weekly office shops, replenishment of office stock
You should apply if you have:
- Previous HR administration and/or coordination experience (ideally in a tech scale up but this is not essential)
- You have strong attention to detail - part of this role is drafting contracts, we cannot get that wrong!
- Ability to produce work both autonomously and within a team
- Proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude
- You are a people person able to adapt your style to communicate most effectively with different stakeholders
- You have a positive attitude and are able to work well under pressure
- You are creative and not afraid to take the lead and execute new ideas
It would also be great if you had:
- Experience working in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you!
Why you'll love being a goodlordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
Strictly NO agencies - we don't need any help at this time!
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of interest.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer ** Apply now