Head of Content
Ideally London HQ (E1) based - 2 days per week in the office (the other 3 is your choice- office, remote, beach, park!) but we are able to be flexible for the right person
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Head of Content, reporting directly to our Director of Marketing, to help us achieve this.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
This is a highly creative role with the freedom to develop and execute new content and campaign ideas, but it’s also a role that’s directly tied to Goodlord’s growth and performance. In order to succeed, you’ll need to be strategic in your content and campaigns to ensure you're driving quality leads to our sales team.
You'll be trusted to make important decisions regarding the content strategy and brand, and the guardian of our brand personality across all of our marketing. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things, and take responsibility for big ideas.
In this role, you'll be working closely with the Director of Marketing, Head of Demand Generation and Growth Marketing team, as well as the wider Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams. You'll also be working closely with communications and creative agencies.
The day to day stuff:
- Develop and optimise multimedia content strategies for multiple audiences to grow Goodlord's reputation in the industry as a thought leader, while delivering leads to our sales team.
- Work closely with the Head of Demand Generation and Growth Marketing team to develop and execute successful content strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Develop collaborative partnerships across the organisation to identify and capitalise on new opportunities to further the Goodlord brand.
- Manage a small content and design team, in addition to working with freelancers and external PR and creative agencies.
- Analyse, report and optimise content strategies based on their impact on the brand and the business's bottom line.
You should apply if you:
- A passion for creating compelling content that resonates with new and existing audiences to meet business objectives and expand our brand reputation in the industry and beyond.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering successful, multimedia content strategies and campaigns.
- Experience managing and developing a content team, and working with freelancers and creative and public relations agencies to execute content and campaigns.
- Exceptional creative writing skills and an ability to leverage company messaging, product information, and subject matter experts to develop on-brand messaging across multiple platforms.
- Experience working with other formats (eg video, podcasts, webinars, infographics), either directly or in an editorial capacity.
- Experience in using content and analytics tools to make data-driven decisions.
- A qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Journalism, or Media) is great but isn't a prerequisite.
It would also be great if:
- what we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
- you know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer ** Apply now