At GetYourGuide, we are on a mission to change the way people travel by giving them access to incredible experiences wherever they are. Visiting the Colosseum underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome - people value experiences that connect them with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about our mission and design is a critical part of it.
- We’re looking for an experienced Content Designer to delight our customers with exceptional communication and content strategy to help them discover the breadth of our inventory as well as decide on the best activities to fit their interests and trip details across our web and native app experiences.
- This person is a creative problem solver who’s passionate about digital products and making the technical feel human and authentic.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop a user-centered point of view on your product area and advocate for user needs in a collaborative way.
- You will write, test, and iterate on UX copy, information hierarchy, and interaction flows for web and mobile, including product UI, native apps, emails, etc.
- You will draw actionable insights from data and user research to inform your writing and UX decisions.
- You will support UX researchers and designers in testing the UX copy you wrote and work with engineers to ensure a high quality bar in the final deliverables.
- You will apply, maintain, and sometimes contribute to tone-of-voice and writing guidelines to drive consistency in our products and user experience.
- You will mentor other Content Designers; give constructive feedback to strengthen your peers’ decision making skills and quality of work.
- You will collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to solve customer problems and improve our user experience.
- You will communicate frequently and clearly with your stakeholders to facilitate alignment, create shared understanding, and explain your UX writing rationale.
- You’ll be a thought partner to your Product Manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together.
What you should bring:
- Minimum 3+ years experience with end-to-end UX writing in a start-up, SMB, large company with a digital offering, or design consulting agency;
- A problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output, and applying user feedback or a/b testing tools to validate UX copy;
- Familiarity with UX writing for multiple platforms, including mobile and desktop;
- Ability to present UX writing solutions, articulate the decision rationale behind them, and sometimes contribute to content strategy for a product;
- Demonstrable ability to be proactive and comfortable with working autonomously;
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams, including Product Managers and Engineers;
- A demonstrable understanding of how UX writing impacts business objectives and KPIs;
- A portfolio of case studies showcasing relevant work that illustrates your process and approach to UX writing.
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin
- GetYourGuide Stock options;
- Private pension scheme;
- Annual external training budget ;
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation;
- Discounted UrbanSports membership;
- Discounted GetYourGuide activities;
- Discounted German classes.
About the GYG UX team
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences. Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Techradar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality. Apply now