GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are now searching for an Associate Mobile Engineer. This is a full-time role at our Berlin office.
As an Associate Android Engineer, you will be working directly with our Travelers Platform Native Apps Team, focusing on our mobile Applications. You will join a growing team of engineers to create an outstanding mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
The Travelers Platform Native Apps team enables our mobile engineers at GetYourGuide to build incredible cross-platform Traveler native apps experiences through a stable and scalable platform. We own the App Architecture and develop SDKs like our Design System, Experimentation and Localization, to ensure a smooth developer experience.
We’re organized in a cross-functional team consisting of iOS and Android engineers as well as Design and are working closely with Travelers Platform Front- and Backend teams.
As part of our team, you will help us to accelerate the developer experience across the company and therefore ensure a qualitative user experience for our customers.
- You will work in a cross-functional team collaborating with engineers and designers
- You will directly impact the experience of our native app engineers
- You will continuously improve our codebase including Design System and SDKs, systems and processes
- You will design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- You have under two years of full-time mobile development experience
- You have the ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- You are a positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You are capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- You are open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- You have proficiency with Java and/or Kotlin, Git, and using the Android Framework
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of RESTFul APIs is highly advantageous
- Proficient in writing automated tests (Unit/UI/Integration tests)
- Knowledge of the following tools: IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Github, Coroutines, JUnit/Espresso, Jira
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discoun
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences, or dive directly into some code that we released as open source. Apply now