Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 600 higher ed institutions across 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Product Designer who loves to unearth customer needs and find innovative ways to solve them, within the complexity of our three-sided platform. We strive to create world-class customer experiences and in this role you will be a key player in helping to identify, solutionise and validate within the domain area owned by the squad you work within.
If you’re constantly looking to raise the bar within your own work, across the wider team and get a real kick out of solving intricate problems, then we’d love to have you join the team to help us become the #1 student engagement platform for higher ed institutions.
Our Product Designers are embedded within a close-knit, cross-functional squad, working extremely closely with a Product Manager and Engineering Lead (“3 Amigos”) to identify customer needs and create the best solutions to solve them. You will be:
- Owning the end-to-end design of features for our university admin users, student ambassadors and prospective students. Helping these users to connect and each extract the value that they need to help them in their jobs to be done.
- A leader within your squad. Facilitating collaborative workshops, advocating for the user, and driving a culture of ‘test and learn’ experimentation.
- Planning, conducting, and analysing user research. Taking a holistic view to understand our customer's broader context of use, and identifying opportunities to better meet their needs, both inside and outside of our user interfaces.
- Making intelligent design decisions and compromises to support an MVP approach, while keeping the user at the centre, utilising data and validation to inform these decisions.
- Creating, maintaining and socialising clearly documented UX artefacts (such as experience maps) for knowledge sharing and opportunity identification.
- Offering mentorship to more junior team members to help elevate our craft of Product Design.
- Heavily contributing to our design system and regularly identifying and driving improvements to increase the efficiency of our delivery across the team.
- Working closely with other designers to ensure cohesive experiences across all of our product lines and customer touch points.
This might be for you if
- You are passionate to deliver world-class user experiences, are intrigued by human psychology and why users act in the way they do and appreciate the importance of UX, visual design, information architecture and copy within an experience.
- Have 3+ years in a Product Design role tackling both UX and UI design challenges in a commercial setting, evidenced by a portfolio of beautiful case studies.
- Have incredible research skills, are able to leverage both quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions, and understand when and how to employ the right techniques to validate as effectively as possible.
- Have demonstrable experience in designing and building products from scratch, methodically identifying and addressing unknown unknowns to deliver customer value.
- You’re great at facilitating workshops and other collaborative sessions, whether digitally or in-person.
- A real team player, enthusiastic about helping out and giving/receiving feedback and keen to help others develop.
- Can show proven experience in driving impact within a cross-functional squad by applying design methods within an agile scrum framework.
- You get great satisfaction from building out a Design System, ensuring it scales with the organisation and love applying a continuous improvement mindset to everything you do.
- You’re proficient in Figma or similar, for the creation of UIs and clickable prototypes. As well as Adobe Creative Suite.
We know that typically females and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they see themselves ticking every box. We believe we’re more than boxes to tick. If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role or others, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
The Product Design team is part of the Product organisation at Unibuddy and collaborates with Product Managers and Engineers on a daily basis. The incredibly talented Design team currently consists of 4 Product Designers and 1 Graphic Designer, responsible for the visual identity and customer interactions across all our customer touch points and journeys.
The Product team’s role is to create a vision and build experiences that delight our customers, solve their needs and help Unibuddyy grow as a business. We know that building great products and defining a new category is hard, as is making best-in-class user experiences. Our product process combines research, prototyping, user testing, as well as continual data analysis and A/B testing to validate we’ve actually solved the problem.
This role will report to the Product Design Lead, who reports to the VP Product.
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Perks and Benefits
- Salary of £65-75k plus stock options.
- Highly flexible work culture. Hybrid (up to 4 days a week home/remote) & flexible hours.
- 25 days of annual leave plus national holidays and 4 additional days for the Christmas break.
- Family-friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup provided.
- Private health insurance with Bupa.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & development budget of £800 per year.
- Mental health support provided by Spill.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and showcase your motivations. A link to your portfolio is encouraged.
Not quite ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch Yasmin, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at [email protected]